What's new

Do you use a seperate lather bowl?

I too for about 40 years use to whip up my lather in the soap mug. When I saw 'You Tube' videos with guys using a separate lather bowl to make lather, at first I thought, how silly. But then I tried it. No going back now.

I too for about 40 years use to whip up my lather in the soap mug. When I saw 'You Tube' videos with guys using a separate lather bowl to make lather, at first I thought, how silly. But then I tried it. No going back now.

Sorry to go off topic, but you need an orange brush in a parka and your avatar will be complete.

After reading this thread I may have to try building lather in a separate bowl I tried it once when I first began about 10 months ago but I have since been building lather in the apothecary mug that houses my soap

Pick Ina wood bowl to load the soap and I use a blue willow cereal bowl which gives me plenty of room to swirl the brush around. I found in this bowl the lather explodes out! $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391571153.242379.jpg

Who knew...been using the same bowl all these years. Maybe that is why my soap doesn't last as long as some I have seen.

Yes, that's one of the points of using a separate lathering bowl. If you lather in your soap holder, then every swish is taking up more soap from the puck.

I use a separate bowl also. Soap puck is in a bowl not much bigger than the puck, and my stainless lather bowl is significantly larger. Plus when I use creams I just put a little bit straight into the stainless bowl. I will say though, the last time I traveled I just grabbed my soap bowl and took that with me. When I did that it was kind of a combo of bowl/face lathering. Like a lot of others said, if you lather in the same bowl that your puck is in, you'll go through soap WAAAYYY faster than using a separate bowl.

Early on I used a separate bowl for building lather, but soone went to face lathering. I just couldn't justify the counter space the bowl required.

I've been known to go back to bowl lathering if I'm having trouble with a particular soap as I find it easier to debug the process when working in a bowl.

The bowl also comes out in the winter if I'm seeking warm lather. I just float it in a sink of warm water and it works like a scuttle.

Sometimes I'll build lather right on the puck, but that's mostly if I want to build a lot of lather and don't want to go get a bowl. It's usually an impulse I get if I've loaded the brush long enough that I've actually started to build lather on accident.

Top Bottom