What's new

Do You Trim / Shave Your Pits?

Funny question. If you really want to know, I prefer to trim with a #2 guard. I don't like having tufts sticking out. Shaving seems like a bad idea, too prickly growing back.

No. Mine have a good bit of hair but I just never felt the need to shave or trim there. Regular bathing and deodorant takes care of everything well.

Been doing it for years. My wife (when she was only the girlfriend) would complain about the length of my pit hair whenever we went swimming. When she started doing my haircuts soon after we married, she also used the trimmer on my back and pits. When I started losing my hair, she stopped trimming my pits, and I started. Now, when I trim my beard, I also trim my pits. It does cut down on underarm funk too.

I have an uncle who is exceedingly hairy, more of a fur really. He is the first man I have ever seen that shaved his pits.
I'm sure its easier to apply/use deodorant and it would help with the funk as stated.

Yes, shave my pits. Usually take a razor into the shower with me once a week. I used to sweat like crazy and I learned this kept down the wetness and the antiperspirant worked better. Also makes putting on the antiperspirant much easier. And yes a Schick injector works well!

Women probably felt the same way after Gillette got them shaving their legs and pits. Things change.

Ohh she's shaving her legs she's not a real woman.
Must be a lesbian.
I'm off to cut down a tree.

Yep, gamechanger jaws 84 to the pits twice a week. Spot on using the natural deo right on the skin instead of the hair. Got tired of stink, and antiperspirant caking up on my shirts. I stay so much cooler and fresher in the warmer months.

Had hyperhidrosis surgery back in 09 and the Doc recommended it, so ive been trimming them ever since and using crystal salt deodorant.

Top Bottom