What's new

Do you throw out your soap when the center is void?

Honestly I haven’t managed to blow though a soap yet even tho been shaving for over a year since I’ve been wet shaving iv just been switching so I never use enough to burn through

With hard pucks.... just like bar soap, I have a 'tolerance point' - once that threshold is crossed, the remaining bit gets tossed.

I use Mike’s Natural Soaps Orange, Cedar & Black Pepper. I order it in tins or now in plastic cans. I have 2 soaps going at any time - travel & home. When one gets far down into the ring phase, I just combine the 2 open soaps into one and open a new one.

I use Mike’s Natural Soaps Orange, Cedar & Black Pepper. I order it in tins or now in plastic cans. I have 2 soaps going at any time - travel & home. When one gets far down into the ring phase, I just combine the 2 open soaps into one and open a new one.
I'm just now reading this post. This makes a lot of sense, actually. Thank you.

No way. I keep using it as long as I am able to load my brush. Once I can no longer load my brush I'll scrape up the remaining soap from the outer edges, ball it up and press it into one of my sample dishes so I can use up the rest of it. Or, if I have a backup of that soap I'll just press it into the new tub.

Scoop it out with a spoon when it gets hard to load and press it into the bottom of you lather bowl. Enjoy it till the last drop!

Like the others, if I enjoy the soap I'm going to use it until it is gone.

By my experience, the soap is about 60 percent gone when the hole first appears.

Before the hole gets really large, a remove all the soap from the outside and press it back into the container in the middle, mounding it up somewhat so it is taller in the middle. Then I use it until it is gone.
Because of the mounding, a second time doesn't form. Instead, the soap wears down so that all parts reach the bottom of the container at the same time.

Depends. Some soaps like B&M Reserve Spice, I used every possible molecule of that soap. A truly memorable soap for me. I don't think I'll be that obsessive when I'm down to the last of a ring of Seville. When that one breaks up, I'll probably toss the bits. I can't stand chasing bits around a soap dish, and for some reason molding them to the top of another soap seems strange to me. Not into the Frankensoap thing

Top Bottom