What's new

Do you think this is legit

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
From his listings it seems the cordovan he uses is sourced in Spain. I am sure he would not call it something it is not.

Horween Cordovan from the USA however is very expensive, a few hundred $$ for a single shell, the larger the more $$ and very few strops can be made from a shell. This may explain the price difference.

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
I will also say Spain makes some very nice leathers. I have used a bridle leather from there on my strops in the past, the "Grandpa's Strop".

I bought one from him and I LOVE it. As for “real” its real to me, works fantastic, feels great, and I feel like I got a great deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A member named Ambrose did a few runs of Spanish leather strops many years ago. It's one of my favorite strops. Grippy and smooth at the same time. Can't speak for this seller/maker, and I assume the actual "seasoning" process of a strop-maker has as much to do with the feel as the leather, but I can say that there's naught wrong with Spanish leather. Just ask Dylan.

I will say, I'm partial to barber's ends so if he offers one of those, that'd be my choice.

Top Bottom