What's new

Do you think the lube strip on carts could cause irritation?

I'm on shave number 5 with a Vector cartridge in my Atra razor. After the last 3 shaves I've felt a bit of burning on my neck area- nothing red or even noticeable- just a slight stinging. I haven't changed a single thing other than trying one of these carts. I'm 3017ing the same soap, using the same brush 90% of the time, only going WTG and have had no problems using the Personna carts in the past. The cart is still cutting well and not skipping or tugging. The blades appear to be ok- no noticeable corrosion or dings from tapping them in the sink. Could it be the lube strip? It's green instead of white like the Personna. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I can't think of anything else- wanted to know if anyone else has ever had a problem with the Vector cart or lube strip in general?

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
It is quite possible that you maybe allergic to one of the ingredients in the lubricating strip. I suppose that they only way to prove this is to stop using the cart and see what happens. Otherwise you might be able to remove the lubricating strip with a knife or razor blade and try this as well.

Yes, 100%
I know from exp, first I switched to carts without strip and pimples vanished, then only ingrown hair remained and I got rid of them with DE

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Could be a reaction. Shave with a DE, all of your face. Remove a lube strip from the cart, wet it, and rub it on one of the parts of your face that was previously irritated, but only on one side. See if it causes a reaction of any type.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
It is quite possible that you maybe allergic to one of the ingredients in the lubricating strip. I suppose that they only way to prove this is to stop using the cart and see what happens. Otherwise you might be able to remove the lubricating strip with a knife or razor blade and try this as well.
Agree with this. Who really knows what the lube strip is or what it’s made of.

Fondly recall when the original Atra carts did not have a lube strip. Smooth and irritation free.

Definite possibility of the strip causing irritation.

Just an update- thanks for the replies. After a few more shaves (face and head), the lube strip has lost quite a bit of the green color and I haven't felt any stinging. Maybe it was something in/on the strip? Who knows. I won't use these carts again, regardless. I've collected years worth of the Personna to use up first. ;)

I like the SkinGuard carts - but I think the Avocado Oil they put in them irritates me.

Other moisturisers and shave creams etc. that contain Avocado Oil also irritate me, so I'm guessing it's that.

Yes! That residual slime left behind irritated me so much, that I threw the darn thing in the trash and said, "There has to be something better!!"

Enters TWS.....

Top Bottom