What's new

Do you tend to buy stuff from Amazon after drinking?

LMAO on this topic. Chinazon has a way of making it that easy that things randomly show up at your door the next day.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Not Amazon so much but there is a site here called Paneco - online alcohol delivery. For an extra $20 they deliver within 2 hours. It has been known...
So you’ve been drinking and then you buy more But have it delivered? There’s no judgment here.

We were ok up to 3 weeks ago - you couldn't have groups of more than 8 and tables had to be 1m apart, stop serving alcohol at 10.30pm and masks on when not actually eating and drinking, but then there were spikes in the numbers, mostly from the Indian variant which spread quite quickly in clusters. Retightened the safety measures, so F&B delivery and takeaway only, and working from home by default. The numbers are coming back down and we think an easing will happen in week or so. Fingers crossed!!

No. Having kids has really curbed my drinking. I get a wake up call at 6:30 every morning without fail and it’s game on from the first minute. Having more than a couple beers just isn’t worth it anymore. On the weekend I try to sneak out at 05:30am to squeeze in a bike ride. I used to love going out and drinking but alcohol just does fit into the equation anymore.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
We were ok up to 3 weeks ago - you couldn't have groups of more than 8 and tables had to be 1m apart, stop serving alcohol at 10.30pm and masks on when not actually eating and drinking, but then there were spikes in the numbers, mostly from the Indian variant which spread quite quickly in clusters. Retightened the safety measures, so F&B delivery and takeaway only, and working from home by default. The numbers are coming back down and we think an easing will happen in week or so. Fingers crossed!!
Well…then order a Scotch.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
No. Having kids has really curbed my drinking. I get a wake up call at 6:30 every morning without fail and it’s game on from the first minute. Having more than a couple beers just isn’t worth it anymore. On the weekend I try to sneak out at 05:30am to squeeze in a bike ride. I used to love going out and drinking but alcohol just does fit into the equation anymore.
You’re a good man.

Amazon or Aliexpress in occasion, but I have a tendency for sport and chance. I guess my cheap way of gambling lol, I bid on stuff on eBay or GunBroker if I actually want something but am trying to be cheap, doesn't happen alot. Thank the heavens that close to the end of auction on eBay is when I nearly always get outbid. Recently it was a scissor handle injector razor. I forgot about it and noticed an alert saying I was winning the last 15 minutes. Cool razor, got outbid of course.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Amazon or Aliexpress in occasion, but I have a tendency for sport and chance. I guess my cheap way of gambling lol, I bid on stuff on eBay or GunBroker if I actually want something but am trying to be cheap, doesn't happen alot. Thank the heavens that close to the end of auction on eBay is when I nearly always get outbid. Recently it was a scissor handle injector razor. I forgot about it and noticed an alert saying I was winning the last 15 minutes. Cool razor, got outbid of course.
That gun broker can get you into trouble. Can you imagine a colt AR 15 showing up at your door for about $1800.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Was watching the softball game last night and almost bought stuff I didn’t need. Good thing I fell asleep. Deleted them from the cart this morning.

1623243302359.png

I prefer purchasing from local stores if they carry then things I want at a decent price. However, I often search the web sites of the local stores and find they either do not carry what I am looking for or it is not in stock such they I can either have it delivered to my home or shipped to the store for pickup. As an example, I have a Best Buy store about 1 miles from my home. They stock a lot of stuff, but every time I need something they sell, I often find it out of stock.

At that point, I go to Amazon and find that they usually have what I want in stock and they can deliver it to me in 1-2 days. They deliver to my neighborhood 7 days per week. It is rare for a week to go by without an Amazon delivery. Sometimes I get multiple deliveries the same week, sometimes even two days in a row.

If the Amazon delivery folks were not under such pressure to make deliveries and get to the next stop, I would probably be on a first name basis with several of them.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Last year I spent $6,211 on Amazon. I don’t want to know how much of it was alcohol induced. I probably only need to look at the time the order was placed to figure that out.

So yeah, I’m sure drinking is a big spending influencer

Top Bottom