What's new

Do you take note of how much you have spent in total?

Had some free times so I went to consolidate how much I roughly have spent in shaving.

I thought I won't be doing any more dumb thing this year before the year end, but I just did.

Uh, no. I don't add up the $$$ spent on shaving, woodworking, fishing, shooting, hunting,... I once tried to tally the wife's spending, was told that was off-limits too.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Never even occured to me. After I spend it, I don't think about it any more.

Might be better not to know. I went a little crazy the first year buying soaps, AS, and blades. Then I settled down and only bought what I liked. I've refined my tastes, and usually just replenish what I've used, though recently have been binging on AS. Got a bottle of Pashana Original on the way, which will give me a total of five AS; can't remember the last time I had this many. It's research, you see... :001_smile

I have kept track just to see if DE would actually be cheaper than carts. Guess what???? It's not (no secret there)!

There's somethings that I'd rather remain in the dark on, and how much I've spent on razors and shaving gear is one of them! I also like having the ability to truthfully answer my wife with "I don't know" when she asks how much I've spent on shaving related products. She tolerates this reply and get to live another day!:lol:

Um no ... I am still under the illusion/delusion of this wet shaving caper being cheaper than cartridges [emoji4][emoji106]

Adding up the money you've spent on shaving purchases is one is the few things in life where this is the proper response:
(says the guy who just signed up for the yearly purchase sabbatical.)

I could probably tell you how much I spent on each indiviual pieice of gear, but I've never sat down & tallied everything up myself. I'll join the bird there in an adjacent hole.

I actually have been keeping track. My plan is to eventually get to the point where I am saving money. I am a couple of years away if I don't buy anything else. I may not ever get there.

I have spent more money on this wonderful DE razor wet shaving hobby since August 1 of this year than I've spent on Gillette cartridge stuff and Edge gel in the past five years. And you know what ?, ..... it doesn't matter ! For the first time in my life (just turned 61 a week ago) I am LOVING my shaves ! I never even thought about shaving for the past 25 years, and am now thinking about it, enjoying it, participating in these marvelous B&B forums, buying lots of great stuff, and am totally confident that I deserve to pamper myself and enjoy everything about this wonderful world of DE blade wet shaving. Every penny ---- extremely well spent !

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I have spent more money on this wonderful DE razor wet shaving hobby since August 1 of this year than I've spent on Gillette cartridge stuff and Edge gel in the past five years. And you know what ?, ..... it doesn't matter ! For the first time in my life (just turned 61 a week ago) I am LOVING my shaves ! I never even thought about shaving for the past 25 years, and am now thinking about it, enjoying it, participating in these marvelous B&B forums, buying lots of great stuff, and am totally confident that I deserve to pamper myself and enjoy everything about this wonderful world of DE blade wet shaving. Every penny ---- extremely well spent !

Exactly what you said, except I'm 54, lol.

I've spent a lot on wet shaving, and except for a couple of low-quality products which made me feel ripped-off, I do not regret one nickel.

Yes I do; I track all my purchases on a spreadsheet. This lets me say with confidence that switching to wet shaving has not saved me any money, not by a long shot.

I regret nothing.

Top Bottom