What's new

Do you rotate your soaps daily or weekly?

Apologies Gentlemen if this has been covered before but I am interested in taking a straw poll from the wise on here. I have generally rotated my soaps (and creams) on a weekly basis. I have seen a lot of merit through reading threads on here though to perhaps reconsider and rotate daily? I did have a rotation of around four soaps but recently this seems to have literally doubled to eight! This of course means a weekly rotation makes for a long rotation and has got me thinking. What are the pro's and cons as you see them?

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I used to use the one soap all the time. Now I rotate my soaps daily unless I am in a Monthly Challenge such as Arko August or Tabactober, then I use the one soap for the month.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I do not rotate my soaps, brushes, razors, or aftershaves, I simply choose at random just before I shave. That method helps me to realise which items I do not really favour and then to move them on. If I had to choose an item to sell then I would struggle, but my actions reveal the truth - that brush/razor/soap that I have not randomly selected in six months - I do not really like it and it is time to sell it.

I like to select three or four soaps to use for the next couple of weeks or so, and just use whichever of those I want each day. I'm trying to finish some soaps since I have too many right now. If I rotated every day, I would hardly ever finish anything.

Last edited:
I don't rotate. Use the same one until it's gone. Then move to the next, usually a different one, which is a rotation of sorts, I guess.
Reason: it takes me a while to "dial in" before getting an optimal result, so if I rotated I'd never get there.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

I do not rotate my soaps, brushes, razors, or aftershaves, I simply choose at random just before I shave.
Pardon my ignorance, but how is that not rotating?

I used to rotate daily. Recently I have 3017 a couple of soaps and now I’m using the same product for at least a week before switching. I won’t go back to a daily rotation but I also won’t use anything exclusively for now, as I have a lot of great soaps to choose from

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I'm nearly at the end of an SV longevity test, so I've been using it virtually every day.

I have a favorite soap, so my schedule is probably different than most. I use MdC almost every day. A few times a month I use my second choice, maybe once a week, maybe once every 14 days or so. I usually only have two soaps going, three at the most.

I have 3 tubs that i rotate through- whichever strikes the mood. Right now, its Seville, Tabac, and Island Man. Tabac is a constant and i'll switch out the other 2 depending on the time of the year.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Unless I'm reviewing a product, I rotate daily. When I review a product I do a 30 days in a row minimum to understand the product correctly (and try different razors, brushes, blades).

I'm nearly at the end of an SV longevity test, so I've been using it virtually every day.

I have a favorite soap, so my schedule is probably different than most. I use MdC almost every day. A few times a month I use my second choice, maybe once a week, maybe once every 14 days or so. I usually only have two soaps going, three at the most.
So, what are your findings/impressions with the SV in terms of longevity?

Unless I'm reviewing a product, I rotate daily. When I review a product I do a 30 days in a row minimum to understand the product correctly (and try different razors, brushes, blades).
I love the thoroughness! For many of us 30 days would be a looooong time to use a single soap. But knowing you've put it to all manner of hardware is a much better indicator of performance than my typical 2-3 use evaluation (not that I review soaps often).

I kinda group my soaps by season of the year, lighter/citrus for summer, heavier scents for winter then everything else for spring/fall. In each of these groups I decide right before I shave but sometimes if on the last remnants i'll use it till its gone. Of course if I get a new soap I'll use it a couple times right away.

I'm on a 4 slot rotation that changes weekly. A sample slot, a cream slot, and two soap slots. 90% of the time I use a soap or cream until it's finished up. The rotation keeps things from getting too stale.

Top Bottom