What's new

Do you rotate your soaps daily or weekly?

I periodically change. For a long time, I rotated over 15 soaps daily. About five months ago I took one soap and one cream and rotated that daily. Now I have two soaps and one cream I rotate daily. I have so many partially used soaps that I want to use up.

I really enjoy variety, so I rarely use a soap twice in a row. I just sort of grab whatever moves me that day. I have whittled my den down to soaps and splashes that I love, so they are all winners!

Pardon my ignorance, but how is that not rotating?

I used to rotate daily. Recently I have 3017 a couple of soaps and now I’m using the same product for at least a week before switching. I won’t go back to a daily rotation but I also won’t use anything exclusively for now, as I have a lot of great soaps to choose from
Same here

When my 1 year old Grandson is visiting I'll let him take a good smell of each of them and choose the one he leans in for a second or third whiff of (or tries to bite). I also run the brushes over his cheeks & chin to let him choose (usually a badger because they tickle his chin and give him the giggles). Suffice to say, he's not a big fan of Proraso, Williams, or boar brushes, but gravitates to the nicer Barber Shop scents and aftershaves. I keep about four soaps and two soap samples (trying to use up) that I choose randomly, but if I'm trying a new razor I use Proraso Green pre & soap to take that variable out of the evaluation.

I never rotate there is no system just my mood and maybe the working or not working day. There was a time I switched every day and currently I dunk a piece of soap in a loading bowl and either face or bowl lather until it is gone….
And sometimes that can take weeks which 1 cm Arko is trying to prove in week two…

Attachments

• 41A66C0B-CA11-4DA2-B0E6-9FA6F434F294.jpeg
    41A66C0B-CA11-4DA2-B0E6-9FA6F434F294.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 14
Soap, monthly; razor & blade, weekly, brush, daily. That seems to work for me in that it provides a mix of both consistency and variety.

Pardon my ignorance, but how is that not rotating?

I used to rotate daily. Recently I have 3017 a couple of soaps and now I’m using the same product for at least a week before switching. I won’t go back to a daily rotation but I also won’t use anything exclusively for now, as I have a lot of great soaps to choose from
I think that people use the term "rotation" differently. Me? I have way too many soaps and I use whatever strikes my fancy as I'm getting ready to shave. While I might consider that my "rotation", others might say that a "rotation" is using a specific group of soaps during a specific period of time. Kind of like how an NBA team can have 15 players in their roster, 13 active from game-to-game, and a regular rotation of the eight players that will always play. This isn't too say that the other players won't get into the game, but they do so in a much more "as needed" basis, whereas the rotation players tend to play a predetermined number of minutes (excluding those in foul trouble, etc). I think that this is a pretty analogy, but hey, what do I know? I'm a sports fan, after all! 😂😂😂

Last edited:
Daily and seasonally.

I have about 20 spring/summer soaps on the go now and when the weather turns, I will put most of them away and bring out about a dozen fall/winter soaps.

I almost never use the same soap in consecutive days and even twice in a week is rare for me. I like variety and using different soaps is a fun part of the hobby aspect of shaving IMO.

I also rotate a bunch of brushes, different blades and sometimes razors.

Not a formal rotation by any stretch. When I put away my soap, razor and brush after shaving, I pick replacements for the next day. No set schedule, whatever I am in the mood for.

Last edited:
I used to use a different soap everyday when home and a single soap when traveling. On one trip I realized that repeated use of the same soap really helped me to dial in that soap. I then began using the same soap through each of my regular brushes (grew from 5 to now 8). This worked well untill I discovered MdC.

I like the MdC so much that my 8 days with MdC keeps being repeated. I will occasionally rotate into other soaps again but for now the MdC could be my first 3017 soap since I Egan exporting soaps.

I do still find that continued or repeated use of the same soap leads to a more consistent and better lather experience for me. YMMV.

Apologies Gentlemen if this has been covered before but I am interested in taking a straw poll from the wise on here. I have generally rotated my soaps (and creams) on a weekly basis.

I've honestly tried to keep to one soap for more than a day, but I just came to the land of liberty and unlimited choices far too late for that.
...and while I did live in the world of lack and limitation, it seemed like you just had to finish that can of lighter-gas-permeated-synthetic-snot before you had to open the next one. I think it was called being - smart, or frugal, ...diligent?

What with all these soaps being able to sit happily in their well-sealed dishes and such today? Life can be a torture of opportunities.
Just ask all us'n in the SAD support groups at the local Y, colleges, police stations, barracks, and VA.

Top Bottom