What's new

Do you rinse between passes?

Do you rinse between passes?

• Total voters
Do you rinse between passes with your straight razor shaves? I do a two pass SR shave. I don't rinse between passes. Why? Because I am just going to lather up again. I don't see the point. But I know some of you do rinse between passes. And I would like to know your rationale.

No, but I wipe the razor against a wet sponge, after seeing it done in Chimensche's 30 year video. Keeps the lather from building up on the blade and dripping down.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I like introducing the brush to my slick wet face again. Building some more lather with what’s left in the brush on my slightly wet face just feels right. Also like feeling my face after first pass, checking my handy work. I don’t know why I do half the things I do. Works for me.

I do it but sometimes question why I'm doing it. It feels right, but logically makes no sense. I'll try not doing (to increase efficiency) and see how that feels.

Really surprised by the split of answers on this one. I’ve never even considered rinsing between passes. I’m surprised to see that this is a thing.

I have one soap that once you shave the lather off, leaves the skin almost sticky dry. So I splash more water on before relathering. Sometimes if I'm doing a third pass I'll use a wet hand to find the trouble spots. But that's about it.

I rinse. Gives me a chance to feel the progress of the first pass. And I usually make a mess anyways so keeps the bathroom neat for the wife.

I rinse casually, mostly to rewet my face; how thoroughly depends a bit on the lather quality — if it's a soap with marginal residual slickness I'll just splash lightly. I also use the rinse to 'read' progress on the first passes and identify stubborn spots for touch ups.

I would not call what I do rinsing, but I do add soapy water to my face before I lather again. Each pass is a bit wetter than the one before it.

I have a quick rinse between passes.
I face lather. The brush full of lather sits there drying as I shave.
A little wetness on the face and a quick agitation of the lather keeps it how I like it. Also my face is a little dry to the touch after each pass.

Top Bottom