What's new

Do you primarily use one cream or rotate different brands & scents?

Just curios if most shavers prefer to stick with one cream / brand or do you keep a variety of hand and rotate which you use. I have read that some like different scents based on the season.

I just tend to use whatever I feel like that day, I started last year and have a tub of TOBS sandalwood and porasso white I switch between.

I alternate between switching daily or single product use. Depends on if I am in acquisition mode or in reduction mode.

One cream. Found the one that works for me and I see no need to look any further.
(However - I am in the minority here! :blink:)

Variety!
A KMF unscented. I find it is a great "aid" for some soaps that do not perform very well with hard water, or that are not up to my standards.
The rest are great fun. I like to experiment with different combinations for a super lather.

Variety is the spice of life!

I have about 30 creams and more soaps than that. I rarely use the same product two days in a row.

I have been working through a sample pack of Maggard soaps. Before that I tried all four Proroso samples. Trying as many as I can and then I'll probably settle on a few that I'll buy in regular sizes.

I have a tub of AOS Lemon, Trumper Coconut, and Trumper GFT that I rotate through with each shave. That way, I get a little novelty with each shave. Variety puts the "fun" in "functional"!

I rotate between different brands and scents. I'm beginning to think it's not the best approach because I've got plenty of creams, which 1) are nearly 75-90% unused; 2) perform really well; and 3) I like. However, because I tend to use a different cream every time I shave, there are some I'm not getting through quick enough. I have tubs purchased in early 2013 and in my opinion should have finished them by now, particularly as I know I've finished tubs purchased after then.

Therefore, I'm not buying any more creams until I'm genuinely in need of more. I wonder how long that will last, but I believe I can make do. Mind you, shaving creams are not exactly the worst thing I could have spent money on! Nevertheless I've decided as of this week I'm going to be sticking to using the same cream all week until I finish the tub.

I'm fortunate that so far I've only found faults with one cream I bought, which was a mere £1.05 for a tube anyway.

Oh, I keep jumping from one to the other. If I ever found The One, a cream that was so far above all the others, with great performance and a smell I couldn't grow tired of, I would use it much more often than not. But I'd still want to "stray" once in a while. I have a few creams I really don't like, and I'm almost glad.

After many years of using virtually all the English creams, I've been using Proraso almost exclusively for the last five.

Works very well, great wake up fragrance and feeling, easy to buy, reasonable price and I like it a lot.

Variety is the spice of life!

I have about 30 creams and more soaps than that. I rarely use the same product two days in a row.

Agreed Rick, love the variety and use what sounds good that day, but do tend to like earthy scents in cold weather and citrus w/menthol during warmer weather.

I like to try different creams and scents. So far in my rotation is CO Bigelow/Poraso, Palmolive Menthol and TOBS. Of them all I prefer the TOBS though.

Top Bottom