What's new

Do you moisturize?

They are priced similarly, but the amount you get with the AM/PM is significantly less than say, the actual lotion. Maybe I am incorrect.

As for the Olay products, I am currently using the Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum (Say that three times fast!). Rave reviews everywhere, which is why I purchased it in the first place. I apply it in the morning. Smooth complexion, and I have cleared up significantly acne wise. The best part is that it's fairly cheap as well ($16.99 on Amazon) It comes in a 1.7 oz pump dispenser. You can purchase it at CVS/Walgreens/Target as well. I am still on my first batch, and have had it for a month and a half now. I apply a pump to each side of the face (smooth over cheeks, neck, chin/mustache area, and under eyes) and half a pump to my forehead/nose, as I have an oily forehead.

I also use the night recovery cream, but I don't notice anything really special from it. Apparently, Olay changed the formula with the new batches, which have received nothing but complaints. I will probably go with NB UltraMarine for my next night creme. I still have a lot left, as the cream is pretty heavy.

Any other questions, feel free to ask.

Excellent response, thank you! I appreciate that you're critical of your products and that you don't always assume that what you're currently using is the best out there.

I follow what you mean with the AM/PM but using the lotion alone would only work in the case of the PM, right? What do you use as a daily moisturizer then? Or does the Olay cover that?

I have fair, acne prone skin with an oily forehead too...haha

Also for anyone looking to buy anything new pharmacy-wise, cvs.com is running a sale: 30% OFF your entire order plus FREE SHIPPING on orders over $49.* Online only. Coupon code: TAKE30.

Excellent response, thank you! I appreciate that you're critical of your products and that you don't always assume that what you're currently using is the best out there.

I follow what you mean with the AM/PM but using the lotion alone would only work in the case of the PM, right? What do you use as a daily moisturizer then? Or does the Olay cover that?

I have fair, acne prone skin with an oily forehead too...haha

No problem! I get enough help here, so I figured I would contribute. I use the Olay Serum as my mousterizer in the morning, then throw a sunscreen on top of it. I swear by Sun Bum Suncreen. Oil free, contains mousterizer as well, and smells like coconuts and not sunscreen (light scent). I then wash and chemically exfoliate (BHA) at night with Stridex maximum pads (2% salicylate acid needed at minimum to be effective). Top that with the Olay Regenerating Night Cream and I'm done. Seems like a lot, but it takes 10 minutes. I do it when I brush my teeth.

For the past month or so I've been showering with Stirling Scots Pine bath soap. It's a sheep tallow soap with plenty of lanolin, and since I started using it my skin seems to feel moister and smoother. I also use Scots Pine shaving soap pretty often for my lather, and it too seems to moisten.

No problem! I get enough help here, so I figured I would contribute. I use the Olay Serum as my mousterizer in the morning, then throw a sunscreen on top of it. I swear by Sun Bum Suncreen. Oil free, contains mousterizer as well, and smells like coconuts and not sunscreen (light scent). I then wash and chemically exfoliate (BHA) at night with Stridex maximum pads (2% salicylate acid needed at minimum to be effective). Top that with the Olay Regenerating Night Cream and I'm done. Seems like a lot, but it takes 10 minutes. I do it when I brush my teeth.

You're more diligent than I am. Something to aspire to...thanks again. I'll check out the other items too. Although I have no interesting in spelling like sunscreen OR coconuts. Might stick to the CeraVe during the day unless it proves to be too much moisture paired with the Regenerist.

You're more diligent than I am. Something to aspire to...thanks again. I'll check out the other items too. Although I have no interesting in spelling like sunscreen OR coconuts. Might stick to the CeraVe during the day unless it proves to be too much moisture paired with the Regenerist.

Shouldn't be too much moisture. And the CeraVe AM should be fine because it has sunscreen built into it.

Shouldn't be too much moisture. And the CeraVe AM should be fine because it has sunscreen built into it.

I'm liking the combo so far. The Regenerist makes my skin feel very smooth and it almost feels like a toner to me which makes it so adding a moisturizer on top is no problem at all. Thanks again for pointing me towards it, wasn't on my radar at all. All I had to do was deal with one "I should be using that, not you" from the gf. Haha

I'm liking the combo so far. The Regenerist makes my skin feel very smooth and it almost feels like a toner to me which makes it so adding a moisturizer on top is no problem at all. Thanks again for pointing me towards it, wasn't on my radar at all. All I had to do was deal with one "I should be using that, not you" from the gf. Haha

No problem. Glad you like it! I'm sure she loves the smoothness. Haha

Also, just ordered the Nancy Boy Ultramarine Night Cream, as well as the Replenishing Facial Moisturizer. Can't wait! I bought some new Clinique Products the other day, but those will now be going back.

Last edited:
If anyone was curious, I posted my current collection for the heck of it. :thumbup1:

proxy.php

Some of the brand mention I havnt heard of but Ill check them out. For me currently with this Fl heat I use JAck Black face lotion that contains sunscreen. During the colder months I use Clinque face lotion.

I use a Kiss My Face sunscreen called "face + neck face factor"--I hate the name! It's a great moisturizing, broad spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen. It's all-natural, does not leave a white film on the face, and is highly ranked by the cosmetics cop for its soothing and effective blend of ingredients and mix of sunscreens. It has a very good array of antioxidants, soothing agents, emollients, and cell-communicating ingredients. Plus, it's fragrance-free...no irritating scents to make you break out, irritate the skin, or smell overly-perfumed.

Last edited:
I use a Kiss My Face sunscreen called "face + neck face factor"--I hate the name! It's a great moisturizing, broad spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen. It's all-natural, does not leave a white film on the face, and is highly ranked by the cosmetics cop for its soothing and effective blend of ingredients and mix of sunscreens. It has a very good array of antioxidants, soothing agents, emollients, and cell-communicating ingredients. Plus, it's fragrance-free...no irritating scents to make you break out, irritate the skin, or smell overly-perfumed.

Good suggestion! I will give this sunscreen a look next. Paying $20+tax for 1.0 ounce of my Shiseido hurts too much on the wallet.

Top Bottom