What's new

Do you like samples?

I do like samples and I have tried a TOBS sample pack that I have ordered through Amazon that was fulfilled by West Coast Shaving. All of the soap's performance was great. That left the scent of the soaps to evaluate. Some scents I liked, others were okay, but still others I did not like and will not buy again. One such scent I won't by is TOBS version of Sandalwood!

I really like samples, it has let me find soaps/creams and scents I liked . Samples have definitely saved me money over the years so I didn't pay for full tubs of items I found I disliked.
That's a great approach! What I found troubling is that I ordered all the Southern Witchcraft samples and unfortunately I like them all! LOL

In addition to performance, ingredients are super important to me. For instance all their aftershaves are comprised of the same basic ingredients: Witch hazel, water, aloe gel, fragrance, vitamin E, glycerin. Just the good stuff.

I discovered their products in this forum. I was really intrigued so I started investigating. I found this video on Youtube and took a chance on purchasing a full tub of Samhain. I loved it!

From there I decided to contact the company directly and the rest, as they say is history.

A few weeks ago I sent @T Bone the Samhain soap and aftershave samples and he's another fan. :)
Yes, this made SW jump to the top of my list of soaps to purchase next. The only question was whether to buy their full set of samples or a tub of Samhain and maybe 1-2 others. So I was already following this thread with interest.

I’ve been pretty happy in my limited experience with samples (the Sowhain, a Captain’s Choice soap, a few aftershaves) so I was leaning toward samples - not all were winners, but all gave me useful data. The mixed opinions here haven’t changed anything for me.

8CA1A4CA-FB70-4A83-BFD6-F7199152AE5C.jpeg

Okay. You can count me as an official SW fan now!

I quite like them. I have 9 stirling samples (along with 3 full size) and another sample en route (ben franklin). for 3 or 4 bucks, can't go wrong. they also offer the 4 or 5 pack sampler for even more discount... same as the AS splash.

you folks saying you need more of a product to determine how it is, are we shaving the same way? I can't make a dent in any stirling product no matter how I try. I can easily see 25-30 shaves from a sample. not that I have done that. that is just a prediction.

OP, I mashed my stirling samples down into those tiny little mason jars. they fit well. easy storage and convenient, stackable, etc. it does not afford the lathering capabilities of a full size tub, but I have never had an issue being able to generate enough lather for a 3 pass shave.

I am working thru them all, with my recent order I will have an A/S splash for all now, as well. Some I know already are going to be full size winners, such as Agar, Boat Drinks, Sandpiper. Others I love, but will keep with the test of time (coniferous, weekends in malibu, etc)

Top Bottom