What's new

Do you like Italian pre-shave creams like Proraso, Prep and 3P? Try Pro-Shave.

After trying those 3 I went back to the USA made Pro-shave. I found it did a better job as a pre-shave as far as glide and blade feel go. With the others I got a tiny bit of burn when used after the shave. With Pro I did not. I used a 5-shave-old GSB blade and my face felt like it wasn't ever touched. $5.35 for 8 oz from Amazon.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
The only Proraso pre-shave (and matching cream) I'm currently using is the new Red Super Formula. It's an amazing product and works beautifully in combo with the cream.

The only preshave I use is Proraso, not sure it does anything for me....
I sometimes use non lathering or some lathering creams on the scalp and then use a soap w brush.
NOW, since I am a sucker....I ordered this cream....lets see (said the blind) how it works....

Reactions: J T
I have tried ProRaso pre shave bit somehow it ends up more as the opposite an anti skid coating regardless if I use ProRaso soap on top or something else. So not my thing.

I do however use stirling menthol pre shave soap and like that very much especially when applied with a scrub spongue before the real soap is applied.

Although the Italian creams are great on chapped hands, sunburn and the likes I get the best cut protection from Pro-Shave. When applying after it vanishes to nothing and is very, very cooling.

After trying those 3 I went back to the USA made Pro-shave. I found it did a better job as a pre-shave as far as glide and blade feel go. With the others I got a tiny bit of burn when used after the shave. With Pro I did not. I used a 5-shave-old GSB blade and my face felt like it wasn't ever touched. $5.35 for 8 oz from Amazon.
So bought it and tried x1..... with some RR soap....seems OK! Will keep trying.

Top Bottom