What's new

Do you lather in a scuttle?

Do you make it a point to lather in your scuttle ?

• Yep!

Votes: 25 46.3%
  • Nope!

Votes: 29 53.7%

• Total voters
I have heard of people using those mini crock pots with a temp setting the little ones.. I had heard they would keep it warm.. I have one of the little dippers, i have not tried it for soaps yet. I bought it at good will for 50 cents to use to try to melt some pucks sometime which i havent tried yet either..someone else said they took one and added water to it then took a small metal bowl and used it as an insert and got wonderful results, i guess with a insert you could make it as deep or as shallow as you want., of course as always ymmv.

I’ll check that out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I use my Schwarzweisskeramik for the cooler months.

$The Fat.jpg

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I understand it is being called a scuttle and will continue to be called that, but to my reasoning it is poorly named because it isn't actually any kind of scuttle at all.
I would agree. These modern “scuttles” are lather warmers.

The wetter your lather the more you will feel the warmth. Water conducts heat much better than air. So a fluffy lather won’t feel as warm as a runny lather.

I would agree. These modern “scuttles” are lather warmers.

The wetter your lather the more you will feel the warmth. Water conducts heat much better than air. So a fluffy lather won’t feel as warm as a runny lather.

Exactly, and it’s a fine balance to add just enough to keep it warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Georgetown G20. Although it can be used to build lather, my face and any number of bowls are better suited for that. But the G20 shines at keeping a lathered brush warm, even for the duration of a leisurely shave. When an adjacent second sink is available, I presoak the entire G20 in a sink full of hot water, with both the reservoir and bowl brim full. I empty the just bowl after building the lather and return the G20 to the sink, this time with the lathered brush. If a second sink is not available, I can recharge the reservoir with a 20 oz. straight-from-the-tap hot water refill. Call it a scuttle or not; either way, it is a real treat, especially in cold weather.

Top Bottom