What's new

Do you keep the boxes for your colognes and aftershaves?

Light is one of the most damaging things to colognes. If it is a cheaper bottle then no I will not keep the box but, some Penhaligon bottles that run over a $100 are going to get every advantage I can give it to last to the very last drop.

R

Always keep colognes/fragrances in boxes - they're expensive, best protected from light, and I have a big enough storage cabinet.

Never keep AS in boxes - they're cheaper (the ones I buy), and live in my limited-space shaving cabinet.

Bare bottles. I toss the boxes without a second thought.

Ditto.
I've kept most of my pipe boxes. I think I tossed a couple of brush boxes but I've kept most of them.
I've kept my Straight boxes, but not the DE boxes.

Disposable/consumable items? Nahh... boxes get tossed as soon as it moves into rotation.
Empty bottles? Generally toss them, but I suppose if it were something special I'd keep the empty, at least until I bought another, much like whiskey. I've kept my empties of Cragganmore, Bushmills Single Malt, and Jameson.
I think SWMBO kept the empty JW Black.

I keep the boxes. BTW a collector will never buy a book without a dust jacket unless the book is so rare that that's the only way he can obtain the book. Collectors want a pristine book as it first was printed. That includes a dust jacket if it was issued with one.

I keep the boxes for my expensive guys like Malle, Creed and Bond for my video reviews. I toss the drug store and department store stuff

Get rid of the boxes before its to late.I saved the boxes to everything and it became clutter.Finally I just couldnt take it.Just get rid of them.:blush:

I keep the boxes. BTW a collector will never buy a book without a dust jacket unless the book is so rare that that's the only way he can obtain the book. Collectors want a pristine book as it first was printed. That includes a dust jacket if it was issued with one.

My books are most all business books and I highlight and write in them...don't really see them as collector items.

My books are most all business books and I highlight and write in them...don't really see them as collector items.

May be true for most business books, but a first edition of The Great Gatsby goes for well into six figures with the fitst issue dustjacket, goes for about $5,500 with out the jacket.

I keep most in the original boxes. I have about 40 frags, so many only get used 3-4 times a year - the box helps to prolong the shelf life and keeps them looking neat. I do notice that I often reach for the unboxed ones since it saves me a few seconds - maybe I should rotate the boxes.

Top Bottom