What's new

Do you keep a travel kit at the ready?

I actually have two different travel kites made at the ready.
One is in a clear vinyl case for easy TSA inspection for flights that I carry on only.
The other is in a respectable leather dopp bag for travel purposes that don't envole TSA scrutinizing.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I actually have two different travel kites made at the ready.
One is in a clear vinyl case for easy TSA inspection for flights that I carry on only.
The other is in a respectable leather dopp bag for travel purposes that don't envole TSA scrutinizing.
Smart.

I keep a Gem 1912 travel razor, puck of Williams, an old vintage but good brush, small bottle of home made after shave, washcloth and small towel in small travel bag. We don't do much traveling now days but just in case we decide to do a weekend sometime.

I keep mine ready with gear that I do not use at home. I also have a variety of small shave sticks (glue sticks) that I can swap around during final packing depending on my mood and length of travel.

I split mine into two smaller dopp kits. One dedicated to shaving, the other for oral care, deodorant, and bathing. That seems to work better and helps to minimize over packing.

C50CC42D-61BD-4CCB-9112-74257CF2349B.jpeg
I am travelling quite a lot for business. If I am flying then it is Mühle Sophist Porcelain Mach3, a small Silvertip Fibre and a small solid soap. I I am travelling by car the it is mainly the Böker Stainless in black plastic scales or in olive wood.

I don't travel often at all but when my wife and I do, we stay with relatives for 4-8 weeks at a time so forgetting a shaving item would be a really bad thing for me!!

I keep my travel kit ready with the following shaving items:
- Rockwell 6C razor
- Polsilver blades
- Yaqi two band finest brush
- EJ silvertip fibre brush
- some shave sticks*
- aftershave

* permanently have Speick, DIY DRHarris Windsor and DIY LEA sticks, but will add a DIY MWF stick and perhaps one more soap just before travel.

I also add hair gel, hair brush, toothbrush, bath soap, shampoo soap etc at the time of packing for travel. Forgetting one of these items is easy to remedy. Forgetting shaving items is just painful!!

I don't have to travel for work. And when I'm in holidays I don't fly, I usually drive.
So I pack my normal shaving gear.
My 30mm brush is a bit big, so I'm thinking of getting a light travel brush sometime in the future.
I find that those brushes that pack themselves in the handle are a great option!

I have a Frank Shaving 21mm two band finest turnback brush, it's fantastic for the rate short trip!

For longer trips, I prefer my 24mm badger but the turnback really is a very handy design!

M

member 119848

I have a Frank Shaving 21mm two band finest turnback brush, it's fantastic for the rate short trip!

For longer trips, I prefer my 24mm badger but the turnback really is a very handy design!
I wish a 24mm synth. turnback were available! But the 21mm is fine.
A travel turnback from Mühle is on my list.

I wish a 24mm synth. turnback were available! But the 21mm is fine.
A travel turnback from Mühle is on my list.

Yah those muhle ones look great but 21mm synthetic is too small for my preference. 21mm badger is fine as they behave differently to synthetics.
It's a really clever design and so tiny when it's closed up.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I just got back from a long road trip where I used Ogalalla vanilla bay rum shave shave stick for the entire trip. It was really great! First time trying that vanilla flavor. Super slick, and works well as a stick.

Top Bottom