What's new

Do You Hide New Purchases?

People who have hobbies or collections often have multiple interests. If each is pursued avidly, well... the incoming "stuff" can add up quickly. Especially if packages the Brown Truck brings for YOU outnumber the ones for HER by 30-to-1. And even the most stricken collector can step away and see that others might just raise an eyebrow at owning dozens of razors, a different shave soap/cream for every day of the decade, 26 badger brushes, 700 DE blades... PLUS a closet full of new shoes, extra chrome for the bike, a leather jacket collection, 50 pocket knives... see?

Do you sort of... stash some of the things you buy until a good moment to bring them out appears? Do you have things sent to an office or other address rather than home to hide the volume? Secret credit cards? Some money order or cash purchases?

How bad do you have it? :biggrin:

I don't hide anything from anyone espically my wife. I just never thought it would be a good idea to do so. Plus I don't have the money to be buying shloads of stuff and she's incharge of the banking.

Even if I try, it wouldn't work. My wife and I work at the same place and as often as not, she'll stop by my office to let me know I've got yet another package in the mail room.

Ed

I don't hide it at all from anyone. It lets people know that you don't want to be unkempt or filthy. Matter of fact, my girlfriend loves the fact that I have the products I have, so she's an ardent supporter of my various ADs.

Shane

Shane said:
I don't hide it at all from anyone. It lets people know that you don't want to be unkempt or filthy. Matter of fact, my girlfriend loves the fact that I have the products I have, so she's an ardent supporter of my various ADs.

Shane

she's a keeper!

In our budget, my wife and I each have an assigned amount of "blow money" we can spend on whatever we want. She uses it mostly for scrapbooking supplies, and I've been using mine mostly for music and shaving stuff. Once that money's gone, it's gone, so no need to hide what it was spent on.

Although, I let her know I went past my budget last month on ebay... :001_unsur I'm back on the wagon this month, though. :biggrin1:

Here's how it works:

I buy stuff, have it shipped to my office, and hide it from my wife.

She finds the stuff, yells at me, and complains about our finances.

After she cools off, she mocks me for having more products than she does--even though we both know its not even close.

I can't believe I have to explain this process, especially to the married guys.:redface: :tongue:

I also have the "blow money " clause so she gets what she wants and I get fountain pens, boots and shaving stuff. She gets a kick out me buying the shaving stuff but then she enjoys the results. As long as the bills are payed, is all good!!!

Rafael

Nope. But one of my buddies is a master at it. He was able to swap out his very large bass boat without his wife noticing even though she parks next to it every day. :w00t:

Nope, I just order what I want and she orders what she wants. We each know what we can afford and most of the time stay in those guide lines. She did get pissed when I took my old motorcycle in for a tune up and came back with a NEW motorcycle. I never called her to tell her I was trading in my old scoot. The truth is I didn't intend to trade until I got to the motorcycle shop and I had a weak moment. Hay, I didn't have to spend $200 bucks for the tune up, I just bought a new bike. She wasn't buying that idea.....:thumbdown

Top Bottom