What's new

Do you guys crunch on coffee beans?

Lately I can't seem to walk past my coffee bean jar without popping one or two in my mouth. If I put them on my desk at work, I think I would crunch on them all day. Anybody else do this? I did a google search, and I don't see any dire warnings about eating them. If you guys know anything, let me know.

I don't, but my dog does. It's one of her favorite treats. I can't pour fresh beans from the bag into the grinder without her running in the kitchen. She's been like this since she was a puppy, and at 14 years old now, it's hard to deny her this little pleasure.

Nick

Yes dear, i am also one of them. Actually, somewhere i read that coffee beans good for health and specially when you does exercise, you must eat coffee beans. It boosting your body and give you energy and make you active whole day. from that days, i am daily eating coffee beans. Sometimes i bored eat same then i try Dilettante chocolate flavor.

linty1

My wallet cries.
I thought I was the only one! But I dont dare eat more than 2-3, though nit entirely sure the reasoning why. But go fiber.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Chocolate covered ones, I used to suck all the chocolate off but they were too bitter or strong for me.

I do that sometimes, but no more than two beans at a time because I find them bitter.
There's a booze here called Sambuca, made with anise, that we often ask "con la mosca" ("with the fly in"), that means with a couple of coffee beans, which makes a good contrast between the sweet of the drink and the bitter of the coffee.

:)

NOW you’re talking! Can’t eat them now though. Diverticulitis ☹️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must be the odd one here in this bunch. I like to munch on coffee beans, but green ones only. I don't like the roasted ones.

Great resurrected thread! The chocolate covered beans are great! When I make a protein smoothie as a meal replacement, I’ll toss 6-10 or so in there and it offers additional flavor. Peanut butter and banana with either chocolate or vanilla powder. Killer add!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I love crunching on coffee beans. My dad taught me to do it. When I was in college I would keep some coffee beans on my desk to help me through those all night cram sessions. It was an inexpensive and much safer alternative to the illegal substances used by other students.
What did he teach you to do specifically? Just curious. Something more than just eating them.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Chocolate covered ones are quite popular in our house, as well. I always eat one or two fresh out of the roaster, in part as a QA measure but also because it's yummy. I'll sneak another one every now and then.

BB8AF709-F4C8-4B9F-9F03-5AA0DD7A7813.jpeg

Great resurrected thread! The chocolate covered beans are great! When I make a protein smoothie as a meal replacement, I’ll toss 6-10 or so in there and it offers additional flavor. Peanut butter and banana with either chocolate or vanilla powder. Killer add!

I love snacking on them, but that's a good idea for another use. Will have to try.

I love snacking on them, but that's a good idea for another use. Will have to try.
I have also crushed, not ground, beans(either Italian or French Roast) and created a crust with pecans for a steak(Filet). It was pretty nice. I'll have to see if I still have the recipe.

Top Bottom