What's new

Do you find electric shaving enjoyable?

Do you find electric shaving enjoyable?

• Total voters
Absolutely, and I still shave with a DE and carts, sometimes finishing up with an electric. Everything to its purpose, and electrics, to me, are comfortable, convenient and effective. Everyone's beard and technique are different, but I've generally found that for those who have found that an electric just doesn't work for them 1) shave dry, 2) use an electric from the previous century (or at least 10 years old, which is the same thing), and 3) didn't give it enough time. Not that they needed to - if a DE, SE or straight fits your style, amen brother! But yes, I enjoy an electric shave, with the same software I use for my blade shaves.

I’ve had medical situations where I could only use electric or not shave and I’ve chosen to not shave. I’ve tried off and on for 30 years to like electric razors and I just can’t do it. I’ve tried dry and wet, rotary, foil…everything. It’s just not for me. On the plus side, my father in law is an electric shaver who has inherited several very nice electric shavers from me over the years.

Electric shave is a utilitarian function for me on those occasions where it is impractical or impossible to use blades.

I've had some very nice electrics, but like the wunder-carts, the supporting parts are exorbitant, in addition to a substantial up front investment. I have a problem with devices of all sorts where parts for routine maintenance become an investment in themselves.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Every time I see a public pole I say that I hate public poles but people keep making them. If you want honest answers and an increase in the number of respondents, then keep it private.

I have no interest in talking about electric shaving right now, but I do have one in my semi truck and it almost never gets used.

Electrics as a last resort. They have their place such as hospital stays. I have shaved face and head with electric rotary Phillips when time was tight. The comfort and close shave a wet shave delivers is so far ahead of an electric there is no fair comparison. My personal experience.

Absolutely, and I voted. I have been shaving with electric shavers since the early 1960s. Electric shavers are fast, comfortable and safe. A couple of times I have had to use a blade and always manage to nick myself. Somehow, walking around with peices of toilet paper stuck to your face to stop the bleeding is horrible. I awaken and shave first thing in five or six minutes. That includes cleaning the debris from the shaver. I don’t use water, nor shaving cream, nor any preshave or aftershave. I shower right after shaving. I don’t have any cleaning stations nor other paraphernalia other than the charging cord. I have been shaving with screen type shavers since the early 1970s.

prefer DE because: my views if yours are dif no worries :)
its a better shave
its more fun
its more comfortable
its got history that is unique and I like that side of it to
super fast to stretching out the spa day fun :)
options of feel and can become a hobby
fun to try soaps and brushes
skin has gotten so much better
much better for my lifestyle
is not a one size fits all situation
and it made it fun ;) I hated shaving it was a thing I HAD to do now its something I WANT to do :)

again my views its all good :)

Top Bottom