What's new

Do you ever use your "other" brushes and give your favorite a break?

Since I got my Omega boar...

I have two Silvertip badgers that barely move from my stand... I love them, they are wonderfully soft, but as I started to face lather, I found them too soft.

I have a few other boar or synthetics, and those are like dried out paint brushes... so, I always go and reach for my Omega.

Oddly enough, I just bought another, but I'm finding it too round, so back to my original Omega.

Sure. Precisely why I keep my old, no-name boar brush. It works just fine. Plus I appreciate my badgers all the more.:thumbup:

I have 3 and while two get "equal time", the third gets pressed into service any time I've skipped a day of shaving or if I feel the need for a bit more exfoliation. Every other brush that I've had is now leading a happy life with someone else and I wish them well together.

I have about a dozen brushes, about 60:40 boar:badger. Some get a lot of use, some get occasional use, and a couple are designated to travel gear so get limited use. I usually alternate brushes daily but sometimes stay with a new brush for a week or two. I enjoy the variety.

I have several brushes, but would rotate primarily between a Simpson Colonel and Rooney Silvertip every 30 days. I face lather, and found they seemed to regain backbone with a bit of rest. Not sure if that is factual in any way, but my perception.

After receiving and using my Paladin PK47, neither the Simpson nor Rooney are getting any use. I just so enjoy the PK47, nothing else I own really compares.

I own nine. There's one group of five for weekday shaves at home. The distribution is not equal.
The other group of four is at my office for weekend shaves in the gym. They're on an equal rotation.

I used to rotate between a dozen brushes, but found I always looked forward to one of them, so I bought two more of that same brush and sold the others.

Sometimes I travel, and sometimes I use the office shower. For each of those cases, I use a fast-drying synthetic which is short on comfort. At home, I have a couple "favorites" but the "also-ran" ones are not far behind. I rotate them, especially in the damp muggy seasons, ensuring they all get a chance to dry thoroughly once in a while.

I've got three favorites. They get most of the play for sure. I will periodically make myself use one of the others but, 95% of the time its one of the three. While reading this I keep wondering what everyone else's favorites are so I'll list mine. Savile Row 3824, DaVinci Uomo 290, Thater 4292 3 band.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I've got three favorites. They get most of the play for sure. I will periodically make myself use one of the others but, 95% of the time its one of the three. While reading this I keep wondering what everyone else's favorites are so I'll list mine. Savile Row 3824, DaVinci Uomo 290, Thater 4292 3 band.
I'll try, in no particular order:
Simpson
Special
Chubby1 Best
Duke3 Best
Persian Jar2 Super
B&B LE 2011, 2012, 2014
Rooney Stubby1 Heritage 2-band
M&F Stubby Blonde Badger

Over half of the brushes I use; I also like my other brushes a lot, but the above get the most use

I rotate every week between these, except for the Body Shop brush on the end.. Too small for me..

$Brushes2.jpg

I rotate regularly and evenly through all of my brushes. I use a different one every day. Yes, I have favorites, but they all have their own great qualities that I enjoy.
When it comes to shaving, whether we are talking hardware or software, I'm not looking for "Holy Grails", I want to enjoy it all. Viv la difference!

I rotate regularly and evenly through all of my brushes. I use a different one every day. Yes, I have favorites, but they all have their own great qualities that I enjoy.
When it comes to shaving, whether we are talking hardware or software, I'm not looking for "Holy Grails", I want to enjoy it all. Viv la difference!

+1 to this

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I keep four or five brushes on my counter and rotate brushes through that set. Of course, there are a couple that get into the final rotation much more often (and for much longer) than others.

Top Bottom