What's new

Do you ever feel guilty?

I do have a few that I don't use at all - a fabulous condition original Diplomat that I got for a steal, and a gorgeous replated rhodium Brit Aristocrat that I paid serious buck for. The Diplomat is just to pristine to use, somehow, and the Crat sadly too aggressive for me.

I really do think about what to do with them as I don't like them not being used... For now they stay but when I get that mint Eclipse RR I have promised myself to sell them...

I did feel guilt about not using some excellent razors. Therefore, I had a major purge (mostly PIF) so I concentrate on the razors I use often! Now I need to deal with a few other ADs!

I don't know if it is guilt as much as it's a sense of unnecessary excess and waste. I've pared myself down to 3 razors so each will get used about 4 months out of every year.

No guilt here. I don't have a particular rotation. There are some I use more than others. Like KeenDogg I like to display my razors. If there is one that I don't get along with very well I would PIF it.

I enjoy the collection. The razors live in luxurious semi-retirement. All work "part-time", some more than others. They're happy. I'm happy.

Not guilty in how many razors you have but guilty about the ones you haven't shaved with in a while. It's as if you've been neglecting them lol
oh my gawd, how is it we're travelling the same cosmic circle?
Just yesterday!
I just can't shave often enough it's not good for the skin!
It's worse than when they told us it would fall off !

Now, about those others out there.... let me tell you about this one little beauty... she came to me on a midnight clear.... and the look on those grips.... ~

I don't know why you'd feel guilty... razors aren't alive to have feelings of being benched... if anything I'd feel guilty for spending money on something I don't use, which is why I try hard to keep my collection to two razors. Worst offender was shave soaps and aftershaves, but I've been cleaning that out lately... big time! Simplifying my den from razors, to soaps and blades, keep the best and junk or trade the rest.

I'm enjoying vintage Gillettes. I've had a few futur clones, and while they do shave well, they're not my fav. Each morning, I open the razor drawer and hear "pick me, pick me". I choose whichever razor seems to need the attention the most. Swmbo used to think I might be crazy. This has removed all doubt.

I didn't note it the other day, but, one thing I do to keep from feeling too bad about not using all of the often: I leave them out on display so I can at least let them know I appreciate their physical beauty. Though, some might have me when it comes to cognizant discussion and appreciation... I find it really difficult to strike up a good conversation with more than one at a time, otherwise, well, I get in trouble.

Top Bottom