What's new

do you cut your own hair?

if so, what is your method?

Your head's hair just to avoid bad taste jokes.

edit: ABOID???? REALLY? Corrected to avoid

My girlfriend cuts my hair with Wahl Balding Clippers:
proxy.php

She uses a 2 attachment up top and the sides get the 00000 from the Wahl all around. After that she shaves my head with a Bik (she hasn't learned to use a DE yet) with some Proraso. Finally she fades it in.

I'd be interested in learning how to cut my own hair. Though something more than setting the guard and cutting to a single length which is what my grandfather has been doing for the past 40 years. He does this both to his beard and to his head.

Those that do trim their own hair I'd be interested in source for videos or books to learn how if you happen to have any handy.

Yes, my wife has been cutting my hair for the last 26 years. We're currently using a Remington clipper with different attachments, and she do'es a great job every time. The money we save goes toward her $70.00 salon visits.

Tom

I use electric clippers and a mirror also. $25.00 bucks for a barber to give a clipper cut to a nearly bald guy is just plain disgusting!

No, although with my hair (or lack thereof) I could. It's just that I have this old school barbershop that I've been going to forever and theres nothing like the full treatment complete with the hot lather/straight razor shave around the ears and the back of the neck, all for 12 bucks.

I use Wahl clippers from WalMart, using the No. 8 attachment. I clip until I feel no stragglers. I use the No. 3 attachment for my "goat".

I should probably do it myself with clippers but I like the shampoo-ing and scalp massage at the salon. :blushing:

Yup, Oster with #2 guard and Wahl Comb n' Cut to even things out. I have less hair than your average middle-aged man so clippers are the way to go for me.

Some weeks ago I bought a Babyliss for men E770XDE kit ( I think the equivalent elsewhere is 7438U ) and started experimenting a bit. At the moment I just take it all at 1.5mm. Good investment since my hair had started to thin significantly at the top and I don't care much about hairstyles. Let's say that it has the quality of a good french niche fragrance house:wink:. And of course the ladies always like a clean head:cool:

Cheers

Panos

Wow, I am surprised by the number of responses :lol: thanks.

So you people pretty much go to town with a single guard? Does anyone have a more elaborated routine? Use one attachment for top, another one for sides, ears, and back of the head? steps to follow?

I wish I had the skills to cut my own hair. I have the very distict haircut that has aspects that are VERY difficult to duplicate by yourself. I get taped up and a shape-up. Sometimes I get pointed burns on top of it.

I wanted to keep up the very neat look that results from my haircuts, which is why I came here in the first place. I have a Remingtion something or other. It works but is not very quality. As long as the back of your neck and side burns/hairline is in order then you look fresh and clean anyway.

Top Bottom