What's new

Do you carry a shaving stick in a cylindrical shaving brush travel case?

shaving brush travel case.jpg

It seems that this shaving brush travel case can carry a shaving stick. Does anyone carry a shaving stick in a shaving brush travel case? By the way, you can also carry a shaving stick in a vinyl zipper bag.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I take my Proraso Soap Tubs with me when/if I travel. Small enough and tough enough to do the job well IMHO.

I mostly use La Toja since it has a light and compact case already. Otherwise, I just wrap the stick in a double thickness of aluminum foil.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Do you carry a shaving stick in a cylindrical shaving brush travel case? No

But sometimes I carry a shaving brush in a cylindrical soap tube! (ancient J.B.Williams stick)

full

I carry a Tabac shaving stick (on the very rare occasions of travel). Why would I want to put it in an extra container? It already has one...

I did the ziplock thing for a few years, but got a touch classier with a Williams stick tin (Fits the 50ml sticks) And supplemented a back up stick with the Elmers‘ in my small kit.

84D49321-E432-4326-8A01-A3D20707CA2B.jpeg

I have three twist up tubes for my large kit.

Would something like this work for a shave stick?

I've considered getting this for my shave brush after adding some ventilation holes. I do get that there is nothing to advance the shave stick up in any way. It would be just a storage tube.

Would something like this work for a shave stick?

I've considered getting this for my shave brush after adding some ventilation holes. I do get that there is nothing to advance the shave stick up in any way. It would be just a storage tube.

that's a big tube at 5.25"x1.9". pretty sure you could pack any sized brush in there, and 7.5oz/221ml is beyond carry-on capacity for a liquid/solid if TSA wants to get snitty. for a bigger soap, I'd just go with the twist up tube above and be done with it. loads and twists a bunch easier than maybe sticking two 50ml sticks in your option.

Top Bottom