What's new

Do you cap your soaps?

I've heard before that the scent may wane if you don't put the lid on your soap containers. So I've been doing so. However, I find the the soap still wet by the next time I use it. So lately I've been waiting until they're dry before capping. Any opinions on this?

rtaylor61 said:
I allow mine to dry throughout the day and put the lid on in the evening.

Randy

That's what I've been doing as well. <patting myself on the back>

I had no idea that a soap could get moldy. How odd. I guess I'll have to watch mine a little more closely.

I found some Corning Mugs with thick plastic lids that are intended for soup. The lid pops on and off when needed. The mugs are prefect for soaps and I have not had any mold problems. I am finding that the scents are richer when shaving than they are when left un-capped.

I've started using old cream tubs for new soaps. They fit well, have a lid, and I feel good about recycling them.

letterk said:
I've started using old cream tubs for new soaps. They fit well, have a lid, and I feel good about recycling them.

I've been at this for over a year and have yet to empty any of my cream tubs. Maybe I have too many! :eek:

Randy

rtaylor61 said:
I've been at this for over a year and have yet to empty any of my cream tubs. Maybe I have too many! :eek:

Randy

I have a few favorites that see a lot more action than others.

rtaylor61 said:

Randy
Randy,
This is a gentleman's board. Let's keep the language civil.:lol:

well, unlike most of you, I leave the top off of my soap for the day, and place it back on at night, when getting stuff ready for the next day's shave. I hope this helps.

Drew

Drew said:
well, unlike most of you, I leave the top off of my soap for the day, and place it back on at night, when getting stuff ready for the next day's shave. I hope this helps.

Drew

Drew,

I believe that is what most of us said that we do, leave open throughout the day and cap in the evening.

Randy

Top Bottom