What's new

Do you apply a Fragrance in addition to your Aftershave? If so, when?

Do you apply a Fragrance in addition to your Aftershave?

• Yes

• No

• Occasionally

• Right Away

• One Hour

• Later

Results are only viewable after voting.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Do you apply a Fragrance (Cologne, EdT, EdP, etc.) in addition to your Aftershave? Yes? No? Occasionally?

If so, when? Right away? After an hour or so? Later on?

Appreciate your input. :)

Last edited:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I consider the aftershave and the cologne two completely different products, intended for two different purposes. Hence yes, I always wear an aftershave first and a cologne immediately afterwards.

It depends on the aftershave and the cologne/EdT/EdP. If I know I want to wear a Cologne (I'm using the generic here, not the specific), I'll use an unscented or lightly scented aftershave. Lucky Tiger and the Thayers WH products are my favorites. Sometimes, I want to wear an aftershave that is strong, like a Clubman product. Then I'll usually not apply anything else for at least a few hours. These days, I find myself trending toward unscented or lightly scented aftershaves.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
It depends on the aftershave and the cologne/EdT/EdP. If I know I want to wear a Cologne (I'm using the generic here, not the specific), I'll use an unscented or lightly scented aftershave. Lucky Tiger and the Thayers WH products are my favorites. Sometimes, I want to wear an aftershave that is strong, like a Clubman product. Then I'll usually not apply anything else for at least a few hours. These days, I find myself trending toward unscented or lightly scented aftershaves.
Lucky Tiger is wonderful! :)

I use a neutral scented after shave, and always wear a cologne or edt.

I suppose today I am wearing a vintage Polo green aftershave which is anything but neutral scented. I am really waring it as a cologne.

My skin in pretty sensitive. I suspect most heavily scented aftershaves would be irritating for me to use on my face. Clubman products generally are, although I like those scents well enough.

I used Aftershave or Cologne, but never together. I either splashed the Aftershave on my face and shoulders, or the Cologne just around my shoulders
I’m on a chemo drug now, and can’t use anything with alcohol on my face, but I still use Cologne around my shoulders every day. Pinaud Citrus Musk at the moment.

I'm a fragrance noob so have played it safe with fragrances that also have aftershaves (4711 and Tabac). The other aftershaves I have seem to be longer lasting on me (Old Spice, Clubman, TOBS) so I'm afraid they might clash.

The Hazlet's 1888 seems to dissipate fairly quickly, but I have no idea what to pair with it.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I never use EDT. I pick an aftershave that smells the way I want it to smell, and lasts as long as I want it to last. And no, I dont count witch hazel as an aftershave. It's an astringent like alum. I rarely use WH, but when i do i will follow that up with a splash. I haven't used an actual EDT or cologne since the 80's.

I apply an aftershave every time I shave. I apply a Cologne/EDC every time I shower, before bed or when I feel like it. When I was office based before current events I would apply a office appropriate day wear EDT. If I go out I apply an evening appropriate EDT. I can apply an EDT after applying an Cologne/EDC, as there is no correlation between the two. They have different purposes.

I almost always use aftershave, even on non-shave days.

Sometimes I wear cologne as well, either a paired scent or something I think goes well together.

I apply AS first, wash my hands, and then apply the cologne- wrists, elbow bends, behind the ears and on my lower neck where it meets my chest.

Very rarely, I skip the AS and just wear cologne.

I put both on, together. Or rather, I apply aftershave to my face, and a spritz of fragrance on my chest. Occasionally I'll do another spritz later in the day if I'm going out but that's kind of rare. Has to be a mild fragrance. I have a couple that are a bit strong and I feel like even one spray needs a few hours to die down.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I have several Bay Rum colognes, Aramis Havana and Cody Aspen. I may use a cologne...once a week or once every other week, usually when I'm going out, which is even farther apart these pandemic days.

Top Bottom