What's new

Do u guys have friends tat dun understand shaving as a hobby?

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I share my bed with one. She doesn't get it at all. She sees an Emperor 3, an M7, a Paladin Chief and a Paladin Mandarin all in faux ivory next to each other and she doesn't see subtle variation; she sees a lot of money on 4 brushes that look the same to her.

Overall she's really good about it. When she does complain a lot I start leaving ads for guided fishing trips to Great Slave Lake around the house with dates and airfares written on the margins. When I read that Triumph was recreating the famed Bonneville I called a dealer and left a message knowing she'd answer the phone when he returned the call. I had no intention of buying a Triumph but agreeing not to do so probably leveraged another Paladin or Simpson.

Most of what I've written above was written with my tongue firmly in cheek. My wife is the tops. After 26 years of marriage she still maintains that marrying me has been the finest mistake she's ever made.

I seldom bring up shaving with friends. A colleague and I had a discussion about it when he told me he uses a badger brush and soap, but he raised his eyebrow and cocked his head in such a way as to suggest he didn't get it when I began describing the overflowing cabinet in my bathroom.

Last edited:
When showing off my collection to one of my neighbors, his reply was "Why does anyone need more than one razor?". Realized there was no need to further the conversation.

There are even guys on the forum who think shaving with one razor, one blade, one soap, etc. is the ideal method, so why would it surprise you that a random guy on the street would think that way.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
My wife understands this hobby.
After all, people not only buy one suits, lipsticks and a pair of shoes. If we only understand the purchase from the function, life will become very boring.

Everyone on B&B is my friend. So i'm not lonely :a21:

Not really a hobby for me but a pleasant necessary, my beter half is already complaining about my shave gear is taking up to much space 😁

Not really a hobby for me but a pleasant necessary, my beter half is already complaining about my shave gear is taking up to much space 😁

Perhaps one day you can buy a larger house with your own sink, or even better, your own bathroom so you can stash your gear without disturbing your better half.

Top Bottom