What's new

Do u guys have friends tat dun understand shaving as a hobby?

Yes I do, and without them saying so, you can see that they don't understand shaving period let alone making a hobby out of it due to the horrible patches of uneven hair growth on their face.
Invision a werewolf with facial mange only!

People choose to do whatever brings meaning and enjoyment to their lives. I have had many such endeavors during my lifetime: tropical fish and various pets, photography, gardening, home improvement, model trains, golf, fishing, shooting, computers, audio/music, playing musical instruments and singing, amateur radio, wines, Scotch and beer, wet shaving, emergency preparation and response, and numerous others. For me the enjoyment comes from learning new knowledge and skills, meeting new people and having new experiences. When I am getting involved in a new interest, I tend to become obsessed with learning as much as I can as quickly as I can.

I’ve gotten quite a few people I know to wet shave now. I can’t say I consider it a hobby as it’s really the only kind of shaving I’ve ever done.

No. But that's probably because I don't present it as a hobby. I just tell them I shave with a safety razor rather than a cartridge razor.

I do not have "friends" perse. I have some people I talk to at work occasionally. I have some I talk to at church. I believe if I mentioned a lot of what I type on this forum, I would be laughed out of the room. Like I just posted about liking lavender bath soap. I mean how "manly" does that sound LOL

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I do not have "friends" perse. I have some people I talk to at work occasionally. I have some I talk to at church. I believe if I mentioned a lot of what I type on this forum, I would be laughed out of the room. Like I just posted about liking lavender bath soap. I mean how "manly" does that sound LOL
I am really very sorry to hear that. My time is too precious, and with respect I suggest so is yours, to waste with those who would laugh at us. This man likes lavender, and floral scents, and a whole load of other things, and does not give a damn if anyone thinks that is manly or not.

I am really very sorry to hear that. My time is too precious, and with respect I suggest so is yours, to waste with those who would laugh at us. This man likes lavender, and floral scents, and a whole load of other things, and does not give a damn if anyone thinks that is manly or not.
I do not enjoy lavender and, therefore, we could never be friends. That's supposed to be sarcastic. I cannot tell you how many times my missus uses a cream that I have to bite my tongue in order to not say "that smells like the cat's butt." And I sleep with her. I have many friends, some very close and not all of us agree. Sometimes we get angry or hurt feelings with each other, but we forgive and come back.

I do not enjoy lavender and, therefore, we could never be friends. That's supposed to be sarcastic. I cannot tell you how many times my missus uses a cream that I have to bite my tongue in order to not say "that smells like the cat's butt." And I sleep with her. I have many friends, some very close and not all of us agree. Sometimes we get angry or hurt feelings with each other, but we forgive and come back.
I am just antisocial, awkward, a-hole????? IDK. Only friends I ever really had was my Grandpas, Dad, and brothers and sisters out here on the farm. Never learned the whole "make friends" thing haha. It does not bother me.

I am just antisocial, awkward, a-hole????? IDK. Only friends I ever really had was my Grandpas, Dad, and brothers and sisters out here on the farm. Never learned the whole "make friends" thing haha. It does not bother me.
so you've got lots of family? Family can be great friends. I have always seen humans as pack animals.

I'm getting more and more there every day. I used to hang out with the other guys on the block. There are about 7 or so of us. At least 3 are legit alcoholics. But after I lost my job, 3 years ago, I kind of spent less and less time with them. And all they did was drink until they could barely stand every night. I've got about 10 or more years on some of them. And I'm not too proud to say that I can't keep up with that kind of drinking. Nor do I want to. I've also made some good friends over the years and then drifted apart. Right now, I can probably count my friends on one hand. Well, who am I kidding. There are really only 3 that I've spent any time with of late. I did reconnect with one last week so maybe that might tick up to 4. I just like weird things that most people don't like. Such as shaving. Music is another one where I listen to mostly jazz rock/fusion music, Zappa, and all sorts of strange stuff that isn't even close to mainstream. I can only take so much of people asking me "What do you mean you don't like AC/DC or Metallica?" As for family, I used to speak with one of my brothers every day but lately I just don't have the patience to listen to him yammer on about himself all the time. And he repeats himself. All the time. The same stories over and over. Enough already. I get on the phone and have very little to say, because I don't like repeating myself. I'm going to be a lonely old fart unless I can find someone after my divorce goes through. It is what it is.

I'm getting more and more there every day. I used to hang out with the other guys on the block. There are about 7 or so of us. At least 3 are legit alcoholics. But after I lost my job, 3 years ago, I kind of spent less and less time with them. And all they did was drink until they could barely stand every night. I've got about 10 or more years on some of them. And I'm not too proud to say that I can't keep up with that kind of drinking. Nor do I want to. I've also made some good friends over the years and then drifted apart. Right now, I can probably count my friends on one hand. Well, who am I kidding. There are really only 3 that I've spent any time with of late. I did reconnect with one last week so maybe that might tick up to 4. I just like weird things that most people don't like. Such as shaving. Music is another one where I listen to mostly jazz rock/fusion music, Zappa, and all sorts of strange stuff that isn't even close to mainstream. I can only take so much of people asking me "What do you mean you don't like AC/DC or Metallica?" As for family, I used to speak with one of my brothers every day but lately I just don't have the patience to listen to him yammer on about himself all the time. And he repeats himself. All the time. The same stories over and over. Enough already. I get on the phone and have very little to say, because I don't like repeating myself. I'm going to be a lonely old fart unless I can find someone after my divorce goes through. It is what it is.
I had all kinds of "friends" that I seen multiple times a week when I was drinking all day everyday. Quit drinking..... where did everyone go???? I am fine with it. No hard feelings, just nothing really to discuss with drunk people when you are sober. And like you say, same old stories again and again.....

I work with a lot of young morons. they think the gay guy with a goatee and shoulder length hair makes a really nice looking girl... to talk about SHAVING in general gets you put at the same table they put the nose pickers because everyone else seems afraid of shaving.

To talk about traditional shaving puts you at the table with the senior citizens who need diaper changes. Because its "too adult" to use a de razor.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I tested the waters with my older brother who is a daily shaver and a head shaver as well. Casually mentioned my interest in DE and SR shaving, different brushes creams and soaps I ENJOY using...the process. Mistake. Finding myself trying to explain and justify. i just enjoy it, nuff said.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
It's an obsession of sorts for sure. But...for me...I'm looking for a rotation that I'm happy/contented with. My hope is that I find that place...I think I'm close.

My fear is that the place I'm looking for...doesn't exist and I'm unable to stop looking for it despite that fact.

I wouldn't know. I don't talk about shaving with my friends.
If somebody asks me, I will answer them, but personal hygiene is not really a great topic of conversation.

It never really comes up in conversation, my friends mostly have beards and don’t shave (I have a beard and shave my neck). One guy I work with uses a shavette another one uses a Straight once a month. These are guys I’ve known for years and the topic of shaving just never really comes up.

Top Bottom