What's new

Do the scary chemicals effect your buying habits?

I like to know what's in the products I use, but it won't necessarily deter me from using them. For instance, I couldn't tell you exactly what propylene glycol, sorbital, or sodium cocoyl isethionate are, but VDH gives me a nice shave. I may have some issues with the sodium laureth sulfate in the soap though.

I would rather read: Distilled water, saponified tallow and stearic acid, etc. where I will know what it is. One other point is that even oxygen can be a poison, but that's not going to stop me from breathing it!

I watch the ingredient list for words that have way too many letters in them, after using a popular men's body wash once. I could not get that stuff off my skin; in fact, it felt like a second skin. That couldn't be healthy. Now I make my own great shave cream and AS and couldn't be happier.
I also won't get guilted into the whole animal-cruelty/save-the-planet/that-polar-bear-is-so-cute jazz.

I watch the ingredient list for words that have way too many letters in them, after using a popular men's body wash once. I could not get that stuff off my skin; in fact, it felt like a second skin. That couldn't be healthy. Now I make my own great shave cream and AS and couldn't be happier.
I also won't get guilted into the whole animal-cruelty/save-the-planet/that-polar-bear-is-so-cute jazz.

That animal cruelty "not tested on animals" line is all BS anyway. They may not test anything on animals but what they don't tell you is that they don't because it all has been tested before. They just use components that the big pharmaceutical/cosmetic companies have already gone through the expense and trouble of testing and approval for use without the expense or effort of actually testing it themselves. They're just not doing what the big companies have already done and then claiming that they are somehow better than the companies without whose work they would not have a product to sell.

Top Bottom