What's new

Do not wipe blade? Why?

I always wipe down my razor and blade with a microfiber towel after a few hours of letting them dry and I've never had any issues. Not sure if that's because I'm using a microfiber towel to do it, since they're specifically designed to avoid scratching, but it works for me!

I replace blades after 3 uses so wiping the blade wouldn't make sense for me. And it seems that if you're momentarily careless you can slice a finger. Not worth it!
I too use a microfiber rag after each shave. I pat the razor, dry it and then hang it on the stand!

There's an old thread about this somewhere on B&B. I read it years ago and follow the advice religiously. On completion of your shave, loosen the head of your DE so the that the blade can move around a little then rinse the entire head of the razor under a cold faucet. Shake off the excess water and dip the razor head in a small container of 91% rubbing alcohol (I use a small glass jar) . The rubbing alcohol sterilizes the blade, but more importantly, it displaces the residual water remaining from the rinse. This allows your razor to dry without any limescale residue, prolonging the life of the blade. According to the original poster, and contrary to what many believe, scale buildup on the edge of the blade is a more common cause of irritation than dull blades.

Top Bottom