What's new

Do NOT return Tatara razors!

Guys, if you buy a Tatara razor...and you should as they are awesome razors! But, if you do buy one, do not return it! The Customs in Portugal 🇵🇹 is terrible! They've been sitting on my return for over a week! I emailed Tatara, and João informed me..."it just the customs in Portugal are not the fastest in the world :p

I had to spend $38 shipping (to get tracking) and now it's just stuck in limbo! I should have just sold it on BST. Noobie mistake :rolleyes:

Wow...we are spoiled in this country 🇺🇸 with Customer Service and Shipping!

Sorry about the inconvenience. I can’t imagine ever selling my Tatara. In fact I have two - one for each house. It’s the only razor I felt strongly enough to buy another one. Talk about being spoiled!

I thought you meant don't return Tatara razors because they are amazing, which they are. Buy another by all means but don't let them go.

Show customs is understandable. It's similar here in India.

Unfortunately, I have 4 packages stuck in the USPS Bermuda triangle for the last 4-6 months!

I expected much better from USPS, and I'll not be using them again!

I'm laughing but crying inside. LOL If you are not liking Portugal's customs never send anything to Brazil. Packs that stay at customs for 3 months are normal. They are getting better with an about 2 week wait this last year but we never know when one pack will be released or if it will be cause some are stolen.
Brazil... :(

Don't forget we had Brexit. All customs administrations in EU are facing right now huge amount of imports which came in pre Brexit phase through UK to EU.

You might apply for a Authorized Economic Operator (AEO) status if you want faster customs procedures :)

Don't forget we had Brexit. All customs administrations in EU are facing right now huge amount of imports which came in pre Brexit phase through UK to EU.

You might apply for a Authorized Economic Operator (AEO) status if you want faster customs procedures :)
Good to know. Thanks!
In the future, I’m just going to circumvent the EU 🇪🇺 Customs logjam altogether simply by not shipping anything else over there. ✈ They can’t hold what they don’t have! 😉

My tatara muramasa order has not been delivered since Black Friday. Every time I ask tatara, the answer I get is to keep waiting。I also bought razors in the United States and Canada, but the work efficiency and service are better than my experience this time

Guys, if you buy a Tatara razor...and you should as they are awesome razors! But, if you do buy one, do not return it! The Customs in Portugal 🇵🇹 is terrible! They've been sitting on my return for over a week! I emailed Tatara, and João informed me..."it just the customs in Portugal are not the fastest in the world :p

I had to spend $38 shipping (to get tracking) and now it's just stuck in limbo! I should have just sold it on BST. Noobie mistake :rolleyes:

Wow...we are spoiled in this country 🇺🇸 with Customer Service and Shipping!

A week? Try ordering something from Maggard's to Canada, lol. If you don't want to pay like $50+ shipping, you get stuck with "Economy shipping (20-75 days)". Before factoring in customs delays.

A week? Try ordering something from Maggard's to Canada, lol. If you don't want to pay like $50+ shipping, you get stuck with "Economy shipping (20-75 days)". Before factoring in customs delays.
And they don’t even make the 75 days every time.

My tatara muramasa order has not been delivered since Black Friday. Every time I ask tatara, the answer I get is to keep waiting。I also bought razors in the United States and Canada, but the work efficiency and service are better than my experience this time
Exactly in the same boat as you are, purchased the Muramasa on Black Friday and still waiting. My friend got his last summer at 28 days, at the other end of my country. Because we are in holidays this month, I'm predicting it could take longer. Kind of questioning myself at this point if it was worth taking the cheaper shipping.

Ouch!

My Black Friday Muramasa was delivered to Philippines in 4 days by FedEx….ditto my Masamune and Nodachi earlier this year.

Welcome to fortress Europa.
I've just had a Christmas present for my wife sit at customs for over four weeks "pending customs check".
Normally they send out an e-mail and a letter telling us it's this much extra handling fee.
In this case they didn't even bother.it just stayed at customs for a month and then they returned it to the sender.

This is why I don't participatie in PIFs, only sell my stuff to People in EU or order anything from outside Europe anymore (the Christmas present was an exception, cause it would have been awesome for the missus).
I understand that they are understaffed but I can't help thinking they are intentionally causing delays to encourage us to buy exclusively from within the Union.

I don't know where you are, but some people (who occasionally cross the border) get a post office box in Blaine because packages get there quickly. Probably too much of a pain now with COVID protocols.

I used to do that when I lived in Abbotsford, but now the border is a 3-4 hour drive. Also interest in crossing the border has been on a steep downward trend since 2016, lol.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Normally they send out an e-mail and a letter telling us it's this much extra handling fee.
In this case they didn't even bother.it just stayed at customs for a month and then they returned it to the sender.
I feel your pain. Add VAT and for some razors even customs, plus handling fees.

I recommend DHL Express and FedEx. Unfortunately not every shop offers them as option.

Particularly bad is how private commerce with Britain got made unattractive by custom checks that cost and take ages.

A lot of great British suppliers are now in a bad situation. Parcels from Asia or the USA are often even faster with less effort involved.

I'm surprised that you've had such poor transit times with Maggard's Economy International shipping to Canada. I've ordered from Maggard's half a dozen times in the last year using Economy International and the longest I've had to wait was 20 days. The average was about 16 days (to the Lower Mainland).

I recall that you (or someone else?) were in the Southern or Central Interior. Mail delivery must be terrible right now with the flooding, road closures, etc., I guess. But is there a reason why it would have been that much slower during ideal conditions (i.e. pre-flood)?

I don't know where you are, but some people (who occasionally cross the border) get a post office box in Blaine because packages get there quickly. Probably too much of a pain now with COVID protocols.
I used to do that when I lived in Abbotsford, but now the border is a 3-4 hour drive. Also interest in crossing the border has been on a steep downward trend since 2016, lol.

I worked in White Rock and Langley back in the '90s, so I regularly dashed over the border to visit the Blaine P.O. But, after the 9/11 attacks, U.S. CBP really cracked down and it became a major chore. Eventually, my visits became less frequent and I only went down monthly to clear the junk mail out of my P.O. Box or to pick up a package from U.S.-based friends and family.

Then, sometime in the mid-2000s, the service at the Blaine P.O. went right into the crapper. My mail was regularly misdirected, packages were lost (stolen?), and I was always getting other people's mail. So a few years ago, I finally got fed up and ditched my P.O. box.

Seems like I got out at the right time, too. For the last two years, there was no such thing as a quick jaunt over the border... until three weeks ago when the restrictions were finally relaxed... only for new stricter restrictions to go into effect next Tuesday! :rolleyes: So, I don't miss my old P.O. box at all.

I'm surprised that you've had such poor transit times with Maggard's Economy International shipping to Canada. I've ordered from Maggard's half a dozen times in the last year using Economy International and the longest I've had to wait was 20 days. The average was about 16 days (to the Lower Mainland).

I recall that you (or someone else?) were in the Southern or Central Interior. Mail delivery must be terrible right now with the flooding, road closures, etc., I guess. But is there a reason why it would have been that much slower during ideal conditions (i.e. pre-flood)?

I've done three Maggard's orders with the economy shipping this year. The first was well before the floods, and arrived before the floods, but still took about 50 days. The second was ordered shortly before the floods and was probably impacted by those delays, but still took only about 40 days. Third was ordered teen days after my evacuation started and arrived in by far the quickest time, right on 20 days.

Super inconsistent. Likely some customs delay factored in.

Top Bottom