What's new

Do NOT buy Ted Pella Feather blades

I purchased a 10 pack of Feather blades for my HD when I ordered an injector cartridge. After getting the package yesterday and putting one in my razor last night and using it, I found that the blade was *COVERED* in RUST after just 12 hours!!!!! :scared: :cursing: :crying:

The blades are black when they come out of the packet unlike my Darby which are silver so maybe they are lacking some sort of special coating.

In any case, a waste of $5 plus shipping. =(

This is because they are carbon steel as opposed to stainless.

They are marked as such on the website and the picture clearly indicates that they are darker than the stainless ones.

Suzuki said:
This is because they are carbon steel as opposed to stainless.

They are marked as such on the website and the picture clearly indicates that they are darker than the stainless ones.

Yes, and I don't think they are for use in wetshaving. More like industrial/commercial use in dry cutting. Like the good 'ol days where you had to wipe them dry!

You could also give them a qick dip in shave oil, which shold keep them rust free until the next shave.

Ah, my bad then. =/ I'm not all that proficient when it comes to the types of steel.

Thank you for the information though!

Just like in the good old days! Nothing quite as fine as a nice Gillette Blue Blade with those little brown blossoms on it! Memoriesssss! Memoriessss!!!!! :001_07:

Tinzien said:
Ah, my bad then. =/ I'm not all that proficient when it comes to the types of steel.

Thank you for the information though!

Don't beat yourself up - FYI I bought a few when I was ordering some other blades even though I should have known better.

Top Bottom