What's new

Do I Now Need a Chubby 1

IMG_7786.jpeg

You could also consider a duke 3in best. Another Simpson classic that I love. The dimensions are perfect. I would rate my Duke 3 over most brushes in my den.
My pair of dukes are very happy in my den.

The Duke 3 is a nice looking brush. Probably not very different than my Shavemac Silvertip. There is no substitute for a Chubby.
Agreed. For me my 2 x Chubby 2s are essential. I don’t think a chubby 1 will satisfy you if you are looking for something similar than the CH2.
I just feel that the dimensions of the duke 3 are better than the chubby 1.
My current top brushes in order of preference:
1. Chubby 2 Super
2. Chubby 2 Best (could also be # 1)
3. Paladin PK-47
4. Rooney XL1 2-band
5. Duke 3 Best Badger
I also have other Simpsons, Thather, Semogue and Paladin, all in high end badger hair.
The duke 3 is elite

Agreed. For me my 2 x Chubby 2s are essential. I don’t think a chubby 1 will satisfy you if you are looking for something similar than the CH2.
I just feel that the dimensions of the duke 3 are better than the chubby 1.
My current top brushes in order of preference:
1. Chubby 2 Super
2. Chubby 2 Best (could also be # 1)
3. Paladin PK-47
4. Rooney XL1 2-band
5. Duke 3 Best Badger
I also have other Simpsons, Thather, Semogue and Paladin, all in high end badger hair.
The duke 3 is elite
I really appreciate your take on this. It means a lot to me that you have taken the time to point me in the right direction.
I may need to reorient my thinking. So a CH2 Super or a Duke 3 Best are now on my Radar.

Sir, in my opinion both these statements are true:

1. Only a Chubby is a Chubby
2. A Chubby's best friend is a Duke

I suggest getting a Chubby 1 in either Best or Super and, after that, a Duke 2 or 3 in Best.
No one can go wrong following Marco’s advice. He is a pro. And have experience with both the dukes and the chubby.

Sir, in my opinion both these statements are true:

1. Only a Chubby is a Chubby
2. A Chubby's best friend is a Duke

I suggest getting a Chubby 1 in either Best or Super and, after that, a Duke 2 or 3 in Best.
No one can go wrong following Marco’s advice. He is a pro. And have experience with both the dukes and the chubby.
So I guess the CH1 is back on the radar. More than likely I’ll end up with all of them. Just trying to figure out what’s next. I may try to trade one of my Shavemacs or wait for a sale like I did for my CH2.

I went back to my invoices and the last 3 brushed I bought were all in 2016. After that my ocd with trying new brushes or finding my grail was cured.
First I purchased a CH2 in best, then a CH2 in super, then the Duke 3. I also almost bought a chubby 3 but desisted due to practicality, but if a great deal was put in front of me, I would take it.
They say a picture is worth …
IMG_7796.jpeg

The CH2 super knot looks big, I used yesterday and it’s drying.

The rest which I also enjoy and use most of them.
IMG_7801.jpeg

For context…One more comment, if you see my top 5, they have moderate fan shape or are hybrids. I only face lather, and through the years I have found that’s the shape I enjoy the most and that I prefer. I have very sensitive and dryish skin.
And for me to enjoy and keep a bulb shaped brush, it needs to be silky soft.
I feel most chubby brushes that I seen in pictures are hybrids

My grandfather from Eastern Europe use to play mind about Wants, and Needs. Typically when he gifted me 50 cents or dollars, he said before you spend you have to tell me what you're going to buy. So I would show up and say grandpa I am going to buy say a Yoyo. His reply was why do you need this Yo Yo, don't you already have name some I had.

Then he would say do you want or NEED. Lesson was about placing value on money, that he learned during depression in USA.

Oh interesting, good to know.

....I don't need one! I don't need one! I don't need one!

Ok I need one..
Yes the Classic 2 does have a slightly taller and narrower handle/grip profile, and a 23mm wide knot while the Chubby 1 has a 22mm wide knot. Not sure why they call it the "Chubby 1.5" since the Chubby 2 knot is 27mm wide while the Classic 2 isn't halfway between the Chubbies 1 and 2 in size.

My grandfather from Eastern Europe use to play mind about Wants, and Needs. Typically when he gifted me 50 cents or dollars, he said before you spend you have to tell me what you're going to buy. So I would show up and say grandpa I am going to buy say a Yoyo. His reply was why do you need this Yo Yo, don't you already have name some I had.

Then he would say do you want or NEED. Lesson was about placing value on money, that he learned during depression in USA.
I say the same thing to myself whenever I consider getting a Chubby in Super (I already have all three in best), lol.

I have an M7 Best and a Chubby 2 Best. Both brushes are really good, but truth be told I prefer the M7. The knot is a bit smaller but the handle is longer. For me it works equally well using a bowl or working up a face lather. I haven’t been in the market recently so I don’t know what prices are like.

Top Bottom