What's new

Do I Need A Chubby 2 Badger?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I love my 2 Chubby 2s, super and best. They are keepers, even chatGpt agrees

A poem for the chubby:
Upon a morn of gilded light, I sing Of Chubby Two, a tool for noble men, A shaving brush, as fine as any king's, To tame the whisk'ring beast upon their chin.

O Simpson, craftsman skilled in brush and bristle, Thy Chubby Two, a testament to art, A wand of Badger hair to cast a spell, To make of daily shaving, beauty's part.

This orb'ed handle, smooth and stout as well, Doth sit in palm as if by nature's hand, The bristles, thick and soft as heaven's cloud, Bring forth a lather rich and thickly fanned.

But lo! The tool, it humbles not the man, And makes of morning's chore, a joyous play, As whiskers part and soap doth smoothly glide, The Chubby Two, a partner, doth hold sway.

O brush, thou bring'st the past into the now, As barbers past their blades and brushes plied, A touch of grace and elegance, thou lend, To hands that wield thee with a craftsman's pride.

To Chubby Two, this poem I devote, A sonnet to thy gentle, bristling grace, For ne'er was there a shaving brush so fair, As Simpson's Chubby Two, which doth embrace.

So sing I now of thee, O wondrous tool, And let the bards and poets join the fray, For generations hence shall know thy name, The Simpson Chubby Two, a brush to stay.
A work of art, Sir. My hat is off!

You’re joking?
No. It’s scary good.
This is, it’s second one:
In a quaint little town by the sea, Lives a brush so chubby, so free, A plump little fellow with bristles so fine, The Simpson Chubby 2, how it shines!

With a handle so round, like a sphere, A firm grip it provides, have no fear, Its colors diverse, swirling around, A brush that makes shaving a joy to be found.

Oh, Chubby 2 Simpson, you stout little tool, Each morning you greet me, so cool, Your bristles so soft, like a warm embrace, You lather my face with such tender grace.

The dance of the lather, so thick and so rich, A performance in which you never miss a stitch, In circular motion, with artistry true, The soap and the water, they dance and they spew.

A gentle caress on my stubbled terrain, You glide and you sweep, with nothing to gain, Preparing my face for the blade's gentle kiss, A ritual of old, a moment of bliss.

In the end, when the whiskers are gone, The Chubby 2 Simpson, a job well done, A companion in mornings, a friend so dear, A part of my life, year after year.

So here's to you, Chubby 2 Simpson, my friend, A bond that I know will never bend, In the realm of brushes, you stand above, A symbol of comfort, and shaving love.

Looks like my quest for a CH2 will have to wait. I have a beautiful Rudy Vey Shavemac up for sale or trade and can’t get a bite. I am not buying another brush until I move this one.

I should be using my Chubby on Thursday. Plan to use Lodrino which is a fairly hard soap. Looking for recommendations on the best loading technique. I usually get a brush soaking wet, give it a couple of shakes and load for 60 seconds. Take it to my face and add water as needed. That’s what I plan on doing with the Chubby unless you guys think that is the wrong way to go.
Thanks.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I should be using my Chubby on Thursday. Plan to use Lodrino which is a fairly hard soap. Looking for recommendations on the best loading technique. I usually get a brush soaking wet, give it a couple of shakes and load for 60 seconds. Take it to my face and add water as needed. That’s what I plan on doing with the Chubby unless you guys think that is the wrong way to go.
Thanks.
Sounds good. I do not soak my badger brushes as I found no benefit in so doing. I prefer soap sticks, so when using a puck, if it is possible I remove the puck from the mug or bowl, and rub it onto my damp face in the style of a soap stick. If that is not possible then I load the damp brush from the puck for a few seconds then apply the soap paste to my face. Then I face lather, gradually adding hydration by repeatedly dipping the brush tips in water. I continue until I get my preferred lather consistency which will depend on the pass and the type of razor. I mainly use vigorous rotational brush strokes with light pressure, as I find it more enjoyable. My Chubby 2 is on the right below, I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine. Don't forget to use a lot of soap 👍

20230204_145214~3.jpg

First use of the CH2 and I am delighted. It is a brush like nothing I have ever used before. Soft as my Shavemac 3-Band. Nice gentle scrub and the face feel is totally unique. This baby needs a lot of soap but once loaded had plenty of lather for 3 passes. Did not shed a single hair. I plan on using it every other day to give it time to fully dry.
IMG_1927.jpeg

Top Bottom