What's new

DIY Travel Brush Tube

I thought I'd share with you the travel brush tube I made for a Simpson Wee Scot. All PVC parts from the plumbing section of the local hardware, press fit together. KISS!

That is all!

IMG_20171007_133208.jpg
IMG_20171007_133218.jpg
IMG_20171007_133226.jpg

Total cost $7.48 + 15 minutes of my time. Though I just realised I should probably drill some holes to allow the brush to dry. :001_rolle

Mine isn't as impressive, but it was cheaper and easier. A free pill bottle from the pharmacy and then some holes drilled in the cap. Fits my Wee Scot perfectly. You can also use a larger bottle for a larger brush.
brush 1b.jpg
brush 1a.jpg

Thanks folks.
... A free pill bottle from the pharmacy and then some holes drilled in the cap. Fits my Wee Scot perfectly...
In Aus we don't get medications in bottles, or at least none that I've ever seen, only little blister packs. The pill bottle was actually the inspiration, but I couldn't find any the right size. Plumbing supplies were the most-obvious/least-expensive alternative I could think of and, of course, you can make them to any size you like.

If anyone ever makes a 'Chubby 16' I have some 90mm drain pipe here somewhere.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Done that! PVC makes a great brush case. Yeah it helps to drill a few holes.

You can also heat and flatten 2" PVC pipe for a traveling strop protector. Works great for a short or med. length strop, cause you can use kitchen oven to soften the pipe.

I like it! I have a similar design, but different materials on my travel brush (I'll post pics later).

Total cost $7.48 + 15 minutes of my time.
That's like $5.80 in USD. That still seems super expensive for a couple caps and a small chunk of pipe.

Though I just realised I should probably drill some holes to allow the brush to dry.
Yeah, that's the first thing I noticed with the design, glad you realized it too.

That's like $5.80 in USD. That still seems super expensive for a couple caps and a small chunk of pipe.

That included a 2m length of pipe... or enough to make about 20 travel tubes. :)

Silly really as I have four different sizes of drain pipe laying around and god only knows how much electrical conduit, but I had to buy 2m of this size for a single travel brush. At least I have enough left to make a shave stick, or twenty.

*shrugs*

Oh, I see. My hardware store will cut and sell me 1 inch of pipe if that's what I need.

Anyway, here's the pic I promised.
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see any holes... :001_tt2:

Unfortunately small or owner operated hardware stores are extremely hard to come by in Aus, we're dominated by 'warehouse' style operations where everything is pre-packaged. If it doesn't have a bar-code the checkout can't handle it. It's the age we live in now.

Hoping you wouldn't notice, lol. If I ever put it away wet, I leave one cap off. When I get home I put the cap back on.

The age we live in.... sad but true. The smaller stores are disappearing here too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

52524CCE-49AD-40DF-B661-808CE64E3E28.jpeg
Say hello to my “not-so-little-friends”. The benefits of having and using a small-town pharmacy & pharmacist.

I had 3 to choose from and settled on these 2.
A PM-40 & PM-60.

Top Bottom