What's new

DIY show me stand. Let's see yours!!

Here's an idea simple and cheap as cheap gets! I accidentally found a Moonshine bottle cork from way back when I used to partake and thought to myself hey I bet ..so...I took a sharp knife to it and some 100 grit sandpaper paper...
IMG_20191005_075830__01.jpg
What's good is the cork is synth/rubber (any higher end single barrel likker bottle cork should have it) so it won't damage your heel at all...I split it, leaving a fin and there you go...simple show me stand!
IMG_20191005_080921__01.jpg

I made the fancy aluminum one as well but this was about simplicity and something that anyone could do at home!
IMG_20191005_081453.jpg
Now let's see yours!! Any type any shape!

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
And it is the king!! IT Has the cross on the top! Well anyway I'm used to create functional parts for Automotive production and those need to be functional not pretty so this was a Challenge :D. But I did my best to make it a king :)
My mistake. Thank you for the correction.

Really cool idea! I have been working on a travel brush design, but an issue is that I can’t turn it upside down to dry. How did you cut the mortises at an angle?
Chop at an angle:)
When laying out the mortise the sides or edges are laid out with the angle to find the corresponding side so before planing off use them as a guide.
I had picture in another thread I made about it but all my IMGUR pictures won't work with the new site upgrades.
Shame really, a lot of good photos are now gone.

Top Bottom