What's new

DIY: Putting Arko Shave Stick Into Twist Up Container.

I want to try Arko, but with all the negative reviews regarding the scent I'm hesitant.

Great writeup though!
At less than $3.00, there are no stakes high enough to be hesitant. If you give it a whiff and hate the scent, you can always put it up for PIF. There is no shortage of people who'd take it off your hands.

I know this is old, but I just ordered several sticks of arko and 3 twist up tubes. I just taped the image from the arko wrapper to the deodorant tube I am using:

View attachment 371592

Since this post of mine in '13 I have been using the twist up sticks in the first post I have been using the twist up containers in the op. Yo canpush the sticks in whole and one stick lasts me over a year.

Wouldn't it be easier to melt the stick in a double boiler and pour it in to the twist up container?

Actually it's even easier to just run a skewer through the center and slide the Arko stick down the plastic center. You could skip the skewer and attempt to just push it down with force but you can break the plastic piece. No need to break it up or anything.

Arko doesn't melt. It's not that type of soap.

Seriously though, there's no need to expend any effort or make it the least bit complex. Just shove it in to a plastic twist-up container and let the container cut off any excess, then if there's room place the cut-off bits on top, or if not save them for the next time it's empty. I have not had any of my plastic twist-up deodorant containers break yet, nor even threaten to break.

Arko is soft, very much like modeling clay.

Top Bottom