What's new

DIY IWB Kydex for SIG 365

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Nice! Do you mind me asking how much it cost in total?
Well, I had to buy $ 50-60 worth of materials, but only used a fraction for this project, so a 4 pack of Kydex sheets was $21.50, but I only used part of one sheet, so $5.00 for Kydex?
Belt clips were an 8 pack for about $16, so $4.00 for clips?
Hardware repair kit was about the same, so $4.00 for the Chicago screws and rubber stand offs.
Went to Hobby Lobby and bought a big bag of leather scraps for $10.00, used one little piece, maybe a $1.00?
Already had the Super glue, but if you had to buy it, $4.00?
So bottom line, assuming you had the tools, less than $20.00! No much more than an Uncle Mikes!

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Well, I had to buy $ 50-60 worth of materials, but only used a fraction for this project, so a 4 pack of Kydex sheets was $21.50, but I only used part of one sheet, so $5.00 for Kydex?
Belt clips were an 8 pack for about $16, so $4.00 for clips?
Hardware repair kit was about the same, so $4.00 for the Chicago screws and rubber stand offs.
Went to Hobby Lobby and bought a big bag of leather scraps for $10.00, used one little piece, maybe a $1.00?
Already had the Super glue, but if you had to buy it, $4.00?
So bottom line, assuming you had the tools, less than $20.00! No much more than an Uncle Mikes!

Totally worth it! As you mentioned, now you can do a mag carrier with the leftover kydex. Heck, an OWB wouldn't be bad either.

Great thread and tutorial! Thanks for sharing!

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
B6B28F24-444E-46BD-A3AE-23056563CBBD.jpeg
Just cranked this out, IWB single mag carrier. Sits too low on the belt line, easy fix, just drill another hole to mount the belt clip lower.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
[QUOTE="Claudel Xerxes, post: 10140583, ... Heck, an OWB wouldn't be bad either.

Great thread and tutorial! Thanks for sharing![/QUOTE]

Nah, I'll spring for a nice leather OWB eventually.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Thanks, I actually like it better than a similar commercial holster that I have for four of my other pistols.

Very nice job!

I've come close to stepping off into this yet another hobby. I watched a bunch of PhillyEDC's videos on YouTube. I think your hashing shown how to do it with a bare minimum of tools is great, other than inching me closer.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
It really dosen't take much. Particularly with the hardware and pre-made belt clips available on line. If I were to do another one, I'd cobble together an external mold to form the sight track with so that it was straighter than what I did with a single piece of wood.

Top Bottom