What's new

DIY Home Dry Cleaning

Has anyone used any of the home dry cleaning systems, using the dryer and a packet of chemical additive, for example, Dryel or Woolite?

What are your thoughts about their effectiveness? If you got good results, is there a specific brand you recommend?

If you use a home dry cleaning kit, what items do you clean? I've read that jeans stay in better shape by dry cleaning vs. washing. What about sweaters, suits, jackets, etc.?

OldSaw

The wife's investment
My wife used to use Dryel years ago. I thought she had good results, but I think she had to steam wrinkles out of some things afterward. We were both working full time back then and I think she just didn’t want to mess with it anymore.

I have a lot of wool shirts and might give it a try again.

Has anyone heard about a special purpose appliance to dry clean at home? Something to freshen up clothes a number of times in between professional dry cleaning? I do not remember the details, but 10+ years ago someone described how they relied on theirs. I think it may have been a GE product. But I have never been able to find anything like that.

Top Bottom