What's new

DIY caps for glass Pinaud bottles

Some of us, who like to transfer our aftershave to glass bottles, will eventually pick up an original pinaud bottle. Unfortunately, many of these bottles are missing the original caps.

There are three different sizes of threaded caps. I can help you get a cap for two of these.
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411437041.353177.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411437056.708374.jpg

If you have the larger of the 3, you are in luck because it takes the same cap that the modern plastic bottles take.

The two smaller ones are tricky, and you may not know which one you have because they are very close.
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411437320.988381.jpg

Notice the one on the right is slightly bigger. That is the one we can fix very easily. All you need is the cap from a plastic Pinaud bottle, the cap from a Texas Pete or Tabasco bottle and some epoxy.
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411437483.189170.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411437524.614704.jpg

Cont...

Now, as luck would have it, the hot sauce caps are a perfect fit. So you could put the hot sauce cap on your bottle and be done...
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411437682.842353.jpg

But if you want it to look more original, all you have to do is epoxy the sauce cap inside the Pinaud cap.
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411437791.637952.jpg

Viola!
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411437819.651787.jpg
FYI, the Clubman and LV bottles are vintage with original labels. The VIBR was a vintage LV bottle with a modern transferred label.

Now if you have the smaller of the three, I'm not sure how to fix it yet. Mine has an original metal cap, so I'm not in a rush to find one.

If anyone has found a replacement cap for it, I'd love to hear about it!

Nice! I recently picked up some Lilac Vegetal in the old glass bottle but was lucky enough to get it with the cap intact. I never noticed the difference in cap size, though, until you posted this. Looks like my plastic bottle of The Veg has a larger cap. Great info!

And I realize now, looking at my last picture that the caps look weird due to the perspective of the picture. The two green caps are the exact same size, and it doesn't look as odd in person on the small glass bottle as it does in the pic.

Top Bottom