What's new

DIY brush storage

Mods if wrong place please fix it for me I tried to find similar thread.

I decided I needed a simple yet nice place to store my brush, and current razor of choice. pics will follow but basic idea is a nice looking scrap of cedar took a round over bit and routed the corners. Then I drilled out a a notch for the brush handle and 2 holes for razor. I will be using a satin polyurethane. I did include a spot for my soap mug.

IMG00005.jpg

Still not finished the weather did not cooperate. I need to wait until the weather is drier in South Carolina. The polyurethane doesn't look like it did well because of the rain. Forgot my Fathers shop isn't heated, when I went out to polyurethane it. Using Cedar, went with 3 inch wide piece of scrap, drilled holes for my Double Edge Fat Boy, and whatever I get next, Then I used a forstner bit and a coping saw to notch for the brush handle. the cedar was picked for the grain and knots in it out of the scrap bin.

I am happy I would have done things a little different, but I will have to use this for a while and see how I want to change it. But the cedar looks nice and will look good with the simpson brush I have coming. The brush I have here is one I bought here 15 years ago, it has started to shed so I want to make sure I treat it well until I am ready to try to reknot it

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I am happy I would have done things a little different, but I will have to use this for a while and see how I want to change it. But the cedar looks nice and will look good with the simpson brush I have coming. The brush I have here is one I bought here 15 years ago, it has started to shed so I want to make sure I treat it well until I am ready to try to reknot it
I love that grain pattern my friend! Good work.

Thank you guys, will have some more projects that I will be doing. Thinking about a valet box, just trying to decide on the size and woods to use for it. Then what sort of corners, choices to be made any ideas are welcome.

I think I stole some ideas here for this. I took 3 pieces of 3/4 oak scrap and glued together and then cut with a band saw. I will probably make a 2.0 version. I might make it higher and add a horizontal grove on top lay razor flat.

Attachments

• 2BC9F618-6BD2-4126-B581-C15595B4A95B.jpeg
    2BC9F618-6BD2-4126-B581-C15595B4A95B.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 13

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I think I stole some ideas here for this. I took 3 pieces of 3/4 oak scrap and glued together and then cut with a band saw. I will probably make a 2.0 version. I might make it higher and add a horizontal grove on top lay razor flat.
Very nice! Well done my friend. I love the choice of stain on that oak.

Top Bottom