What's new

DIY BLADE BANK

20230531_105506.jpg
20230531_105549.jpg

My DIY Blade Bank. I've got enough space for years of DE Blades. I also have two Blade Banks I purchased from Italian Barber. I'll eventually use them or PIF.

Besides giving me new ways to spend $$$, B&B gives me good ideas, occasionally. I was reading a thread and part of the discussion was homemade Blade Banks. I was in the process of brewing some tea and the idea hit me - use the empty tea tins as a Blade Bank. I have 5 of them, so I doubt I'll ever need more. They are made from tin and the interior is spacious. I can't even imagine how many blades it will hold? Besides, I find it more attractive in a kitschy sort of way.

Anyway, I thought I'd share this little DIY nugget.

b/r

ON_1

Definitely a good re-purpose!

I almost did the plastic container with a used bottle of some sort of vitamins… but it wasn’t as large as even the stevia thing there.

Like those tins. Maybe I should buy some tea just to have a blade bank when done… haha!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
My wife collects mason jars so I borrowed one to make a good blade bank, it is amazing how often I had to fish for blades to make shims and trying to make modified Gem blades for my Valet auto-strop C1 razor from spent blades before using a new blade to cut up for better success.
(old archived photo of my present blade bank, a small jam Mason jar seems to work well.)
Blade bank storage.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Years ago I worked at Continental Can Company in Chicago and the plant made commenmorative cans.... this one obviously quite old. (I was 17 in 1971). When I worked there I found this and kept it. It became my blade bank several years ago and works perfectly... and bonus... I'll likely never need another one!

Attachments

• blade bank.jpg
    blade bank.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
I'm using a pop can ("soda" for you eastern folk!) as my blade bank. Cranberry Canada Dry Ginger Ale to be exact. Should be good for the rest of my life given the way I'm living a the moment!

Mine is a large tin of tomato soup. Drained, cleaned, dried, with zinc spray paint on outside and lanolin spray on inside to try preventing rust.

Blade Bank.jpg

Saw these on eBay the other day. Stainless steel piggy bank cube, in two sizes (150 & 120mm sides). Would make a good blade bank. No rust problem, and even the small one is big enough to store many years worth of blades.

s-l1600.jpg

The tin didn't last. Rust set in around the seams. So I grabbed one of the stainless cubes. I figure it holds thousands of blades, so I should be good for my remaining days. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom