What's new

DIY aftershave?

So I was thinking about trying my hand at my own pre shave oil and using some menthol/essential oils in it which got me to thinking about after shave splashes.

I have a TN Dickinson's witch hazel toner that I use after I shave, it isn't really scented, just has a pretty faint smell that reminds me a bit of maple syrup so I was curious if maybe I could use this as a base for an aftershave? Like could I put some witch hazel in a little bottle with a drop or two of essential oil and maybe some menthol crystals?

Anyone else do this or something similar or should I just stick to buying after shave?

It has been. Cheap and effective. I also tried putting a little AS Balm in there to make a sort of AS milk and it went great also.

A basic AS recipe that has been kicking around these forums for years is equal parts witch hazel and aloe vera gel, a small amount (start with 2 drops per ounce) of glycerin, essential oil or cologne/EdT for scent, a few menthol crystals if you want some chill. I've done this with a few colognes I like that don't come in an AS with good results.

--Bob

A basic AS recipe that has been kicking around these forums for years is equal parts witch hazel and aloe vera gel, a small amount (start with 2 drops per ounce) of glycerin, essential oil or cologne/EdT for scent, a few menthol crystals if you want some chill. I've done this with a few colognes I like that don't come in an AS with good results.

--Bob

Awesome, thanks :)

I'm going to give it a go, get some EOs and give it a whirl!

Top Bottom