What's new

Disposing of used blades

R

rob_t

Hi all.

I'm new to this forum, & was pointed here by a barber. I am switching to a safety razor & wanted to know how to dispose of the used blades. Can they be recycled? & if so, how? If they must be thrown out, how can I do this safely?

Thanks

I made a blade bank when I first started the DE thing and then switched to the handy USED BLADE slot on the back of plastic package of my preferred blade brands, Feather & Derby.

It's WAY simpler and allows me to get rid of the blades before I accumulate enough to sell to a scrap dealer.

soup can or whatever - drain it, wash it, drop the blades in.

cheap as chalk, and the kids can't see the blades like the plastic bottle idea...could be dangerous for little ones?

I put the blade in the bottom of a 5oz waxy paper kitchen cup, fold the sides over to flatten the cup then put in trash.

I put my used blades into a Altoids Mini tin and close the lid. It snaps shut. When it gets full, I guess I'll tape it closed and toss it into the trash.

Seems like a pretty safe way of storing used blades. I keep it in a cabinet under my sink; nobody ever sees it but me.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I put them in the bottom part of the plastic container they come in. When this is full a little tape to keep them in and then into the garbage.

I got a free one with an order from Lee. I've had it almost two years and it's still not quite full. When I can't fit any more blades in it, I'll pinch it shut and put it in the recycling bin.

Coffee can, label removed, plastic lid slit in the middle and expoxied on so the kid can't get it off if she ever gets ahold of it.

I just use a soda can and cut the area where the pull tab was a little longer. Drop the used blades into it and after a couple of years when it starts to get full, just give it 1 hit with a hammer to bend the top over, flatten the can, and off to the re-cycle it goes. Works great and its free. :001_tt2: :w00t: :001_rolle

Top Bottom