What's new

Disposable Razors you'd actually use...

Although I use them upon rare occasion, I am not a fan of disposable razors. The cheap plastic handles are too small and too light for my large hands. Using the razors is awkward.

I do occasionally use a cartridge razor. I do like the BIC Hybrid Flex 5 Titanium razors. BIC Chrome Platinum DE blades are some of my favorites due to extreme sharpness. The blades in the cartridges are similarly sharp. I also like the Schick Hydro 5 razors. They used to be my go to razor for use in the shower to shave the back of my neck or for a quick shave if I am running late for an appointment. However, I now keep a Schick Type L injector razor in the shower for that purpose.

BTW: For those who are not aware, Edgewell Personal Care uses the Schick brand in the States and the Wilkinson Sword brand for similar products in Europe.

Following this with interest. Possibly flying from Ontario to British Columbia later this summer and dont want to risk losing one of my DE's.

Schick Slim Twin, now called Xtreme Sensitive are a very good super thin, fixed head...where the blades go very near to the sides of the razor. This low profile head makes it great for edging. I also use it for cleanup for a super BBS, since you can apply pressure. I can get 12 of them with a $4.00 Schick coupon for as little as $2.47*!! Usually, I get them at the grocery store for slightly more with a Schick coupon. Great value and my favorite disposable.
Oh they're pretty decent. Theyre Wilkinson sword branded over here

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Just used the Bic Metal on Friday and Saturday nights.

So much more efficient than the Gillette Good News; rougher during the shave; similar after the shave.

Gillette Guard Single Blade... it's my go-to airline travel razor.

I recently discovered that I still have my Gillette Sensor Excel + 5 or 6 new blades from back in the 90s/early 2000s...I hear they have a cult-like following.

Nope. Never again. That's what Feather Populars are for. Great shave and no tears if it's lost. YMMV

The Feather Popular was definitely the least efficient and bulky DE razor I’ve ever used. I strongly disagree, sorry. I’ll take any single or double blade cart over that thing any day!

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
many times I can't tell when you are kidding and when you are serious 😃
I am serious about the Bic and getting a reaction from my aftershave splash. When not being fully serious, I am trying to remember to include a smiley at the end of my posts for our North American friends.

I use a Trac II if I travel by plane, which is extremely rare. The shave isn't bad, and since I first started using a Trac II in the 80s, they are very familiar to me. The blades I have on hand have the lubristrip, which I do not like. When I need replacement blades for this infrequently used razor, I will get the regular version without the white strip at the top of the head. However, I was surprised at how difficult they were to find and how expensive they were the last time I shopped.

I take BIC disposables when I travel
Way back in high school, when I only used disposable razors, I had either Gillette Good News razors or Bic with the hollow white handle. Once I figured out the proper technique with the Bic, they were a decent razor, but on my first couple of tries, I cut myself badly! I'm not sure if it was the blade angle or sharpness, but I learned quickly to be careful with a Bic disposable.

I use a Trac II if I travel by plane, which is extremely rare. The shave isn't bad, and since I first started using a Trac II in the 80s, they are very familiar to me. The blades I have on hand have the lubristrip, which I do not like. When I need replacement blades for this infrequently used razor, I will get the regular version without the white strip at the top of the head. However, I was surprised at how difficult they were to find and how expensive they were the last time I shopped.
I'm a Trac II guy, also. I use one the majority of the time when I shave my head.

The lube strips don't bother me, but if you want to take the time to modify them, a razor blade will scrape it right off. I buy the Personna made carts off of Amazon in a bulk of 100. They went up in price recently but I get about 15 shaves out of a cart so it's not too big of a deal. There's not a lot of actual hair left on my head to dull blades. ;) They also fit the Atra razors so you don't have to look for different carts if you want to swap razors.

Top Bottom