What's new

Disposable Razors you'd actually use...

I guess the Guard is kind of a disposable; it certainly shares a lot of the characteristics. It's been one of my favorite travel razors for quite some time and has been my daily razor for the last couple of months. Someday, I'll get around to trying the Bic Metal.

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
The Bic Twin Select is all I use now. It wipes the floor with any DE I’ve tried.

The Bic Metal and Gillette Guard are both great too, I just prefer two blades instead of one for the efficiency and speed.
I will never be in that much of a hurry ever again.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Nothing wrong with disposable or cartridge razors - the Bic Metal is superb - nothing I have tried will shave me closer, except the Feather AC DX. It is inexpensive, has a single blade, fixed head, and no absurd lubricating strip. I prefer a vintage DE but the Bic is a close second and, for me, preferable to any modern DE razor that I have tried. Admittedly I have probably tried no more than two modern DE razors 😆
The Bic Metal really shines at trimming around facial hair that you are purposely leaving on your face, especially when I'm running late and use it in the shower. BUT angle is everything with that one. And sufficient "glide" in the lather.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I guess the Guard is kind of a disposable; it certainly shares a lot of the characteristics. It's been one of my favorite travel razors for quite some time and has been my daily razor for the last couple of months. Someday, I'll get around to trying the Bic Metal.
I have to buy some Guard razors. They have been in my 'Bay cart since before the 2020 election I believe!

I used to use the Gillette good new twin blade razors. They were fast and cheap. The prices went up and I switched to Dorco twin blade razors for a short while. They're still good and cheap and what I buy for my folks. DE does give a better shave though.

Trac II. I picked up a 100 pack of Persona carts and still have plenty. I never broke a Trac in baggage. I broke plenty of disposables back when I used them.

I’ll do what I can to avoid resorting to it, and haven’t flown commercial carry-on only in a long while, so it’s a mostly moot point the last few years. But it stays in my carry-on/small dopp

When traveling I can get by for 2-3 days on whatever cheap razor the hotel I'm staying at provides - but I definitely bring good soap and a travel brush, combined with nearly 2 decades of constant practice and improving my skills.

I agree, it's a disposable version of the Trac II/GII, a great razor. They changed the name to Gillette Sensor 2 Fixed in North America a few years ago, a bit of a baffling name. There's also a pivoting version, akin to the Atra.
1674371638206.png

Schick Slim Twin, now called Xtreme Sensitive are a very good super thin, fixed head...where the blades go very near to the sides of the razor. This low profile head makes it great for edging. I also use it for cleanup for a super BBS, since you can apply pressure. I can get 12 of them with a $4.00 Schick coupon for as little as $2.47*!! Usually, I get them at the grocery store for slightly more with a Schick coupon. Great value and my favorite disposable.

I only use disposable razors when I'm traveling. I hate the waste associated with them.

Tried a bunch of single, double and triple blades in the past.

The ONLY razor I've actually enjoyed using is a BIC Flex 3 Titanium. Outstanding shave and I can easily get 6 shaves out of it.

I'm a great fan of the Bic Hybrid 3, using it about every second or third shave.

Each cartridge lasts me about 10 to 12 shaves. I do my normal three-pass SR shave then a single WTG pass using the Hybrid 3. This gives me the perfect amount of burn/sting when I splash on my aftershave.

Without the use of the Hybrid 3, there is no aftershave reaction and life gets boring.
many times I can't tell when you are kidding and when you are serious 😃

last summer in Sweden I bought a bic sensitive cart. it was the cheapest, non gillette product that looked something I would put on my face. i think I paid ~5eur(in SEK) for the handle with carts.
I was looking for a pack of de blades, but a mall with 3 big supermarkets had none, so I bought the carts in disgust.
Not half bad, they gave me a servicable shave.

Top Bottom