What's new

Discussion Thread for Woods of Windsor review

Sounds nice! How would you compare to other leather scents like Knize Ten, John Varvatos or the Spanish Leathers? Where might this be available online? Not familar with the company and I see they are UK based.

Dennis

I tried this in a sampler from Scotto. I loved it. Note, though, that my total level of comparison is the 5 other scents I got at the same time.

Still, I thought this stuff was very fresh and pleasing in aroma, with the woodsy, green flavor that I seem to really gravitate toward. (Also really liked Trumper Fern, and most of all L'Occitane Vetyver). Very much GF approved as well.

Mike02 said:
Sounds nice! How would you compare to other leather scents like Knize Ten, John Varvatos or the Spanish Leathers? Where might this be available online? Not familar with the company and I see they are UK based.

Dennis
It is a very different beast. The Knize is a vicious attack on the system - an overload of incense that knocks you to your knees until you submit. The WoW is much more subtle and less complex. JV is very sweet; the WoW is quite a dry scent. Also, neither JV nor Knize have any green notes like the WoW. Same story with the SLs - they are typically sweet and soapy compared to the dry, green, leather thang of the WoW.

I am a fan of Woods of Windsor also. I regard it as more of a citrus/spice scent and have trouble picking up any deeper, more masculine scents of wood or leather. I think it's a good scent for spring. Citrusy and spicy, but not as light as Dolce or Acqua di Parma.

As for Knize Ten, it doesn't even compare to WoW, IMO. Knize Ten is overpowering to the point of being offensive. I know others like it, it's just not my cup of tea. One or more of the notes just offends my senses and it ends up giving me a headache. I can tolerate it if very, very lightly applied, but otherwise, no thanks.

Top Bottom