What's new

Discussion Thread for Wild Turkey Rare Breed

Hi Tim. Thanks for the great review. I have had my eye on this one for a long time now. I was perusing the reviews at Whisky Magazine http://www.whiskymag.com/ saw that Michael Jackson had given this one a very high rating. From the tenor of your review, I think this one will go on the buy list.

Regards, Todd

Funny you should do a review on this...this was on my Bourbon list to be acquired. I have been doing some reading on the subject lately. I will probably start another thread as to not sway this one on a couple of others I had my eye on. Did I mention good review? :thumbup:

Hi Tim. Thanks for the great review. I have had my eye on this one for a long time now. I was perusing the reviews at Whisky Magazine http://www.whiskymag.com/ saw that Michael Jackson had given this one a very high rating. From the tenor of your review, I think this one will go on the buy list.

Regards, Todd

Thanks for the complement Todd. Michael Jackson is an excellent reviewer probably the best in the world, but IMHO he is more of a Scotch guy. I find him to favor the spirit over many bourbons. IMO a better site for bourbon recommendations is www.maltadvocate.com in their Buyer's Guide. Also at www.straightbourbon.com, check out their forums, the best source for bourbon info I've ever come across and you'll find a few B&B members there as well.

Rare Breed is one of my favorite bourbons. I try to always have a bottle on hand. While the standard Wild Turkey 101-proof has just about the perfect bourbon flavor, to me, Rare Breed has the same taste profile but with more intensity.

Tim

Rare Breed is one of my favorite bourbons. I try to always have a bottle on hand. While the standard Wild Turkey 101-proof has just about the perfect bourbon flavor, to me, Rare Breed has the same taste profile but with more intensity.

Tim

Tim, thanks for putting up your review as well. :thumbup1:

TimmyBoston,
While walking through the isle of my local Liquor I found a bottle of Rare Breed. It was tucked away. It appeared to be the last in the store. Thank you for your review.

Top Bottom