What's new

Discussion thread for the Schwarzweisskeramik Large Scuttle

Thanks for the fine review. I have been lusting for one of these since I saw a posting showing them some time ago. I will definitely put it on my to get list for the near future. I especially like the large size enabling lathering in the bowl of the scuttle.

That's it, the gouvernator!
Take the Schwarz from Schwarzenegger and the vice from vice president, and the... we'll come to that later. :crying:
Greetings
oskar

An update from MarSellus here. The B/W ceramics scuttle is now my best shaving buddy! Lathering in the bowl is easy, you either take the scuttle by the grip (which I do when I start making the lather) or you leave it on the sink and stir the lather with one hand for subsequent passes. I leave the scuttle submerged in the sink while I'm showering. :thumbup1: I would say it needs about 5 minutes of pre-heating (with really, really hot water) for optimum effect. Remember: this is a big mutha with thick walls! I also tend to make a bit more lather than I normally would as a) it's so much fun and b) more lather around the brush keeps it warm. I'm wondering how long it will be before a bowl from China (the country, not the material) will make its way to us in the form of an electric scuttle mug with heating elements in the walls :eek: . Won't anybody join me for a group buy of these? How many would fit in a 40 footer? Hehehe, let's start making some money. But then again, this is so lovely a piece of pottery that it would break my shaving heart to toss this one out of the window.

I just placed an order for one of Ansgar's Prototype Scuttles. I am fired up! The thing that sucks is the ship time from Germany to Colorado. Ansgar estimates that it will take about two to three weeks. Cold lather sucks!

I just placed an order for one of Ansgar's Prototype Scuttles. I am fired up! The thing that sucks is the ship time from Germany to Colorado. Ansgar estimates that it will take about two to three weeks. Cold lather sucks!

Did you receive your prototype? Any pics? How do you like it? Just what do you mean by "prototype"? I didn't see any offers for prototypes on the site. From what I can tell from the ansgar site, the scuttle that Mama Bear carries is the small scuttle with the thumb handle as opposed the the ones whith the four finger handles.

Kevin

The prototypes all seem to be gone. They were listed under Special offers -> Gallery, along with the mugs etc with minor glazing flaws.

I think he means an s-scuttle that was a prototype in terms of trying a different glaze (a runny glaze that did not turn out the way it should have).
I found a picture. And no, I won't make another, that glaze ist too unpredictable.
Greetings
oskar

As the weather grows cold in Massachusetts, Ansgar's Schwarzweisskeramik has become as indispensable to my morning shave as brush, soap and razor. It keeps the lather warm (hot actually) for the duration of my shave of four to five passes.

I wish I could justify a second one!

Top Bottom