What's new

Discussion thread for the B&B 2009 LE Review

Nice review. I think the hair is never going to be quite as soft as the '08; I actually prefer the extra loft and scrubbier hair of the '09. What kills the fun for me is the handle shape. I wish I could swap the '09 knot into the '08 handle. THAT would be the best brush ever.

Nice review. I think the hair is never going to be quite as soft as the '08; I actually prefer the extra loft and scrubbier hair of the '09. What kills the fun for me is the handle shape. I wish I could swap the '09 knot into the '08 handle. THAT would be the best brush ever.

Interesting, So much of a YMMV thing. I would swap the 08 knot into a 09 handle for a more perfect 09 and you would do the opposite for a more perfect 08.

[Sounds better than Jack Sprat.]

It does raise an interesting question: how do you get a knot out of a handle without destroying either the knot or the handle?

[Sounds better than Jack Sprat.]

It does raise an interesting question: how do you get a knot out of a handle without destroying either the knot or the handle?

I'm not a brush restoration expert - but:

I believe you can save the handle when removing a knot and the knot will be trashed & unusable. This is a common activity performed by brush restorers looking to use a vintage handle with a new knot.

You could probably save a knot for reuse by wrecking the handle i.e. carving away at the handle to get to the base of the knot. This isn't something that is typically done.

In essence I think when separating the two you only get to pick one thing you want saved.

Yeah, unless the knot falls out on its own....you pretty much have to pick the hair or the handle to save.

In the case of the pumpkin 09...I would pick the hair:biggrin1:

Top Bottom